IFish Fishing Forum banner

Where to take the family tomorrow

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  hunt2much 
#1 · (Edited)
Just looking for sugestions... :flowered: Don't wanna deal with the traffic at the ramp in the am so were heading out 8ish. Don't wanna try and anchor with the crowds either... IE: 2 little kids and wife... Hopefully one more day of nice weather. Springers would be okay but that a whole lotta sittin with minimal action for 2 little ones... So Im leaning towards sturgeon. The East wind started kicking up here in the gorge this PM. So I'm guessin lower col towards P town? Just looking for some good action for the kids and a keeper would be a plus!

Thanks all :cheers:

PM's are okay

#3 ·
Thanks Alwaysfishin!... Had a blast... kids got wind burnt... I really love 170 views an only one person can say anything... thanks again Alwayfishin!

#5 ·
Hate to dog on a guy who took his kids fishing, cause that's awesome. But I hate to see the board getting dogged on too.

I'm sure a fair amount of people who viewed the page were just checking for tips on where to go fishing themselves.

120 views and one reply... it could be better. Five years of Ifish and 423 posts... Looks like someone else has been doing a lot of viewing and not much replying. Just saying. TOC.

#7 ·
Re: Where to take the family tomorrow: Revised 170 views & one post... Real Nice

So, because he doesnt have 7-8 posts per day, he doesnt contribute enough to get advice?? Not everyone lives on the internet enough to post a whole conversation a day. Sounds like you're assuming he is on the computer as much as you are....

hunt2much; if yer ever lookin' for a "hot spot", your best bet would be to go old school, and stop in at one of the small tackle shops around, and buy a package of bait. Then ask the guy that smells like fish where the sturg are cruisin'. Probably work out a little better for ya.

Wait...maybe I dont have enough posts to push the submit reply button...:twocents:

#9 ·
Re: Where to take the family tomorrow: Revised 170 views & one post... Real Nice

If I were you ....I would take the family to the Blazer game at the Rose Garden at 3:00pm. They are playing the Clippers, Randolph is still suspended for this game so there won't be any violence to shield the little ones from....and it's payback time from the last game that Portland lost.

The Kids will love the atmosphere :flowered:

Go Blazers !!

Lou

#11 · (Edited)
I better respond to get my thread count up:D!!! Just to make sure I'm worthy of being on this board!!!:passout:Just saying.

I like the Blazer Hijack too! :cheers: So I'm going with that...:cool:

I actually we are going to tonights game. Watching the game from my wifes company's sky box.:cheers:

Have a good rest of the weekend all... No hard feelings!

#12 ·
I was not trying to say anybody wasn't worthy of posting, or not worthy of getting a response.

Fact: This board is a community that runs on the basis of a reciprocity pool.

Ideally, everybody contributes, and everybody takes something away. Some people don't have to put anything in, and still can get a little out, it makes the board a very cool place. Still, it's clear that here, and everywhere else, those that put more in, probably get more out, and rightfully so.

hunt2much expressed his obvious frustration with the board, and the lack of reply, and I only meant to share some perspective. It doesn't matter how much a person is online, if they've been here for 5 years, I'm sure they've viewed 10s of thousands of threads. Sometimes you have something to say, sometimes you don't! The End.

Sorry for ticking everyone off.

When you go the game, make sure you get there in time to see the video collection right before introductions.

"Travis spins baseline on Pierce.... AND HE DUNKS IT, RIGHT IN GARNETT'S FACE!!!"

"Blake now, throws to Roy, a three pointer out front. HIT IT! YES HE DID! Oh YEEEAAAH!"

Go Portland.

#13 ·
I was not trying to say anybody wasn't worthy of posting, or not worthy of getting a response.

Fact: This board is a community that runs on the basis of a reciprocity pool.

Ideally, everybody contributes, and everybody takes something away. Some people don't have to put anything in, and still can get a little out, it makes the board a very cool place. Still, it's clear that here, and everywhere else, those that put more in, probably get more out, and rightfully so.

hunt2much expressed his obvious frustration with the board, and the lack of reply, and I only meant to share some perspective. It doesn't matter how much a person is online, if they've been here for 5 years, I'm sure they've viewed 10s of thousands of threads. Sometimes you have something to say, sometimes you don't! The End.

Sorry for ticking everyone off.

When you go the game, make sure you get there in time to see the video collection right before introductions.

"Travis spins baseline on Pierce.... AND HE DUNKS IT, RIGHT IN GARNETT'S FACE!!!"

"Blake now, throws to Roy, a three pointer out front. HIT IT! YES HE DID! Oh YEEEAAAH!"

Go Portland.
Well spoken.

#15 ·
It had nothing to do with who was asking the question it was more in the fact I had no answer.

I could have posted "I don't know" but did not think post count was all that important.

#16 ·
different strokes for different folks. As long as we remember that this site is for helping out each other! :D

#18 · (Edited)
The intent of the thread was for a less "Hot Spot" I didn't wanna deal with a busy ramp and angry people... Which we still got the typical ramp BS the afternoon at Cathedral taking out. Apperantley my wife isn't fast enough on the ramp for some people. I told her... hey they're just jealous of you!!! Forget about them! Cuz she's actually pretty good at the launching and recovery. Better than a lot I've seen! :lurk: :jester: :hoboy::passout:

Anywho. The intent was for something more low key. And the Toyota hole was anything but low key.:passout: I know where the usual good spots are right now this time of year. But was looking for something newer. There some things I'm willing to subject my self and buddies to for a dumb fish. But I will never do that to my wife and kids. Too many jerks out there all over some dumb fish.:twocents:

BTW: Skiing was awesome this morning on the mountain. :cool:

Hey mitch! Yeah definately. We'll go! The only real pics we took were of the kids playing on the beach on the columbia pickin up fresh water clam shells! Ooops I mean sea shells! :meme: :meme:

Thats my 2 kids on the sandy beaches! And now I got cup holders in the boat full of green and white shells!

Well off to the game we're running late! Yes! And another post too! I'm earning my way up the ranks. Some day I get real good info!

Sorry end Rant :flowered:

Mods can kill this thread aslong as its after Mitch reads my open invite!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.