IFish Fishing Forum banner

My first Sandy steel

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  69scout 
#1 Ā· (Edited)
Decided to take an longer lunch break today and to also enjoy the gorgeous weather before it gets gloomy again. I know we need to precipitation, but it was just nice to not have to wear my heavy winter coat. Did I say that the weather was gorgeous!

In the vicinity, I told myself that I would have to try one of Rob's spinners since I've heard so many great things about them. Stopped by his shop and picked up what I thought would work for today's low and clear water conditions. Chose his size #4 pink body with dark pink blade. It was a tough decision because all his spinners looked fishy.

However with high expectations from these spinners, I do have one rant though. I had to make two casts before I hooked up! I had heard that these wonderful spinners caught fish on the very first cast. Not so. Having to the make extra casts can really tire a guy out.

Seriously now..., I'm glad I stopped at his shop today. Not only was I impressed with his spinners, but I was glad that I met Rob. Really nice guy and after talking to him for a short time, you can see how passionate he is about this sport. Would have loved to stick around to chew the fat and pick his brain some more, but he was busy with spinner orders. Well I'm sure I'll have another chance since I'll definitely be back there again.

Of course I forgot the camera today, it's usually kept in my winter coat pocket. However two nice gals happened by and took some action shots as I fought the 26" chrome buck. I'll post the pics once they email them to me.

I've been on this river many times and my first steelhead from there fell to one of Rob's spinners.

Tommy

See less See more
#7 Ā·
However with high expectations from these spinners, I do have one rant though. I had to make two casts before I hooked up! I had heard that these wonderful spinners caught fish on the very first cast. Not so. Having to the make extra casts can really tire a guy out.
I know whatcha mean! I am usually a one and done kinda guy! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.