IFish Fishing Forum banner

Boat ramps ???

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  chummer 
#1 Ā·
Steping out of my confidence level and want to try a few new area's this spring. I would like to know what would be the preferable launch if I wanted to fish the I-5 railroad bridge area and the Willamette under the power lines near the channel/slough area.
Thanks for your input

#5 Ā· (Edited)
last year was my first time launching there, you'll be fine, just go check it out now so your not lost on the big day and when you show up for the real deal just have someone motor the boat off the trailer and wait off shore while someone else (who doesnt mind walking a mile or so back) go park the tow vehicle. or show up at 3 am and maybe get a closer spot. Its busy for a reason... we all have to do everything for a first time eventually. have confidece in your ability and everyone else will too :wink: see you there:meme:

#7 Ā·
Unless the gleason ramp gets some major remodeling of it's ramp surfaces and docks, which is underway now (At least the docks are), this dock could be a little dicey, especially the downriver side, which had docks that were angled away from the ramp, leaving a large gap in lower water conditions. If you are not comfortable launching 3 or 4 boats across without docks in between (Chinook Landing), I would suggest using gleason during low use times to acclimate yourself to it. Chinnok is by far the best ramp in the area, but it's a little longer run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.