IFish Fishing Forum banner

Celilo Park Ramp?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  nunyet 
#1 Ā·
I am working on a map recon for HOPEFULLY a trip to Biggs area this coming week for walleye. I am familiar with the Maryhill ramp because my guide launched out of there last year.

It looks like Celilo would cut down on about 20 minutes of driving and still put me about where I want to be to fish. Any feedback on the ramp there? It looks good from google earth but looking for feedback / thoughts on if either is better.

FYI - I'm just putting in a 17' Lund Fisherman so it's not a huge deal how awesome the ramp is. Thanks for any feedback and here's to my first solo walleye expedition!!! :meme:

#2 Ā·
I am working on a map recon for HOPEFULLY a trip to Biggs area this coming week for walleye. I am familiar with the Maryhill ramp because my guide launched out of there last year.

It looks like Celilo would cut down on about 20 minutes of driving and still put me about where I want to be to fish. Any feedback on the ramp there? It looks good from google earth but looking for feedback / thoughts on if either is better.

FYI - I'm just putting in a 17' Lund Fisherman so it's not a huge deal how awesome the ramp is. Thanks for any feedback and here's to my first solo walleye expedition!!! :meme:
There are two ramps at Celilo Park. I haven't been there in several years, but the ramp at the east end is (or was) only for tribal use. The ramp at the west end is in a protected cove (berm protects it from the wind). Not a bad ramp.

#4 Ā·
The mouth of the Deschutes or Celilo would be good options. The ramp at Rufus is about five miles up from Biggs and has fishing all the way down to Biggs. Hope the wind is nice to you. Good luck and tight lines.
Heres a wind update............its been calm the last few days with a little overcast. Water temp has been ranging between 35-37 the last few weeks. Still pretty cold for intense activity.
Take Care.
Dan

#6 Ā·
This time of the year the fishing can be much better between the bridge and the John Day dam. It's a lot closer run back to the landing at Rufus if the weather turns bad, which it does many days.

Be careful as this water can go bad fast for your size of boat. Where ever you fish I would stay within a short run back to your launch and be prepared to do so before the waves are breaking over your bow.

Great fishery , have fun.

nunyet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.