IFish Fishing Forum banner

Springers!!!

2K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  xstreme357 
#1 ·
Hey, I was going to head out springer fishing today, and wondered where would be my best bet to go in the Vancouver area. Willing to drive 45 min.
Any thoughts or advice is very appreciated.

Thanks in advance:flowered:

#3 ·
I would try between the I5 bridge and the railroad bridge. Oregon side....you can drag herring or anchor...

#14 ·
I would try between the I5 bridge and the railroad bridge. Oregon side....you can drag herring or anchor...

Please do not anchor here. It is a troll fishery and when it opens you will have many very unhappy people looking at you and throwing wake your way. :twocents: Thanks

#7 ·
I was thinking about heading up to the Port of Kalama and find a good wing dam to tie off on or spot to drop anchor and wait for my rod to bury:smash:

I'll be in a white,21' Wellcraft with big radar tower if you see me :wave:

#8 · (Edited)
from http://www.dfw.state.or.us/news/2009/february/021109.asp

February 11, 2009
"CLACKAMAS, OR – Fishery managers from Oregon and Washington set spring chinook salmon fishing seasons for March and April only for the Columbia and Willamette rivers today during a joint state hearing."

"Several fisheries, including those in the Willamette River and in the Columbia River between Bonneville Dam and the river mouth, are currently open under permanent rules and will remain open through February."

The Columbia River is currently open (for Steelhead) up to Bonneville. Made me look since I was above the lines this morning...

-lol

#9 ·
from http://www.dfw.state.or.us/news/2009/february/021109.asp

February 11, 2009
"CLACKAMAS, OR – Fishery managers from Oregon and Washington set spring chinook salmon fishing seasons for March and April only for the Columbia and Willamette rivers today during a joint state hearing."

"Several fisheries, including those in the Willamette River and in the Columbia River between Bonneville Dam and the river mouth, are currently open under permanent rules and will remain open through February."

The Columbia River is currently open up to Bonneville. Made me look since I was above the lines this morning...

-lol
:wink:

#12 ·
Actually, The way this is printed is weird... Looks like to me it states that it is just adding a comment about Steelhead and Shad, to go along with the Set Springer Salmon season... Take a look- I highlighted what I'm talkin about:

...................................................................................................

CLACKAMAS, OR – Fishery managers from Oregon and Washington set spring chinook salmon fishing seasons for March and April only for the Columbia and Willamette rivers today during a joint state hearing.
http://www.dfw.state.or.us/conservationstrategy/document_pdf/b-species_2.pdfhttp://www.dfw.state.or.us/wildlife/living_with/bats.asp
Several fisheries, including those in the Willamette River and in the Columbia River between Bonneville Dam and the river mouth, are currently open under permanent rules and will remain open through February. The seasons adopted today will take effect March 1.

On the Columbia below the Hayden Island powerlines (west towers), anglers will be able to fish 7 days a week from March 1-15 and three days a week (Thurs. - Sat.) from March 19-April 18.

From the Hayden Island powerlines (west towers) upstream to Bonneville Dam, the season will run 7 days a week from March 1-22, and four days a week (Wed. - Sat.) from March 25-April 22.

The daily bag limit for these areas will be two adipose fin-clipped salmon or steelhead, but only one may be a chinook. The mainstem Columbia will be open for retention of adipose fin-clipped steelhead and shad ONLY during days & seasons open for retention of adipose fin-clipped spring chinook.

...................................................................................................

Looks like to me that these rules state that one can Fish the Columbia until MAR 1st- 7 days a week in FEB, until when the springer season starts with its scheduled days for retention.

Any cerrections? Correct me if I'm wrong...

Bill Monroe Jr.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.