IFish Fishing Forum banner

Frenchmans Bar???

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  xstreme357 
#1 · (Edited)
:anyone:
I was going to head out to Frenchmans bar this Friday. I was wondering where you anchor up at exactly, and what tide is the best time to fish it?
Or any other suggestions where to fish on the CR?

Thanks so much in advance.

#2 ·
:anyone:
I was going to head out to Frenchmans bar this Friday. I was wondering where you anchor up at exactly, and what tide is the best time to fish it.

Thanks so much in advance.
There were 5 or 6 boats working about 200ft off the WA side from the down river end of the park down. Don't know if anyone got anything, just happen to see them when I was passing by.

I ran up from St. Hellens and they were the only boats I passed, all in the same 600 - 700 yards of river.

Later,

Chris

#3 ·
Anywhere along the WA bank is decent. Unless you are trolling, you will need to fish the outgoing tide. Low flows in the CR right now, I would doubt there is any current when the tide is not running out. Bite's usually better on a heavy pull anyway:twocents:

#6 ·
Down around the corner at Caterpillar tends to get more attention from the anchor boats. It's a bit more a flat and has more springer-ish water to anchor in. The best springer water directly in front of Frechmen's is typically occupied by plunkers. Upstream by Davis and downstream to the Island and you'll find more anchored boats, but also trollers. TOC.

#8 ·
good point.. on cat island the plunkers run there gear out with a boat... makes trolling even more fun!! some days out there you need a traffic director.. and a parking cop to keep the anchored boats in some kinda line...:meme:.. I can't wait to get with it!

E

#11 ·
Troll on the incoming tide, since there won't be enough current to drop plugs anyway. That'll give you a chance to see what others are doing and where they're doing it. Then, when the tide turns and folks start anchoring up, switch to anchovy wrapped kwikfish and pour yourself a cup of coffee.

Good luck! The game is starting!

#13 ·
Plunking Frenchmans Monday afternoon on outgoing tide. A few anchored boats upriver and downriver. A few trolling too. No-one caught anything on the beach or on the river from what I saw and heard. It was a nice day though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.