IFish Fishing Forum banner

Fishing for Springers...just like the Fall run?

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  BlackBass 
#1 ·
I've never fished the Spring run before but have a bit of experience with the Fall nookies...do they fish basically the same? Seems like a silly question and my initial thought would be "yes" but just wondering if there is a major difference.

Typically, I use Kwiks, spinners and an occassional herring...

As of right now, I have never fished the big C or the MC...would Springers have a decent run there? I usually hit the coastal rivers or bays...

#3 ·
In the big C your hatd pressed to beat trolling herring with your favorite brine and color mixtures, or anchored up with K15 kwiks rapped with sardines, prawns, or any other stinky but fresh bait that will get some stink on there. I personally like k15 but some people use smaller ones 14,13, and ocasionally in certain circumstances i will run hot shots and wiggle warts on the big C, Depending on where exactly you are fishing in the big c can effect the depth to target, sometimes you look for off of wing dams, spots where there is structure underwater, big changes in depths, slots, close to the bank, water temp can be big also when selecting bait vs. kwiks or a prawn spinner when the water heats up or even a plain spinner, right now most people troll herring and some anchor with kwiks it is a mixed bag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.