IFish Fishing Forum banner

Anybody fishing by the Airport?

3K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  stayer 
#1 ·
Last year it was good fishing in the Columbia there, but I don't know about this early. Has anyone tried it yet?

#6 ·
This is straight from the Announcement on 2/11/09.

Several fisheries, including those in the Willamette River and in the Columbia River between Bonneville Dam and the river mouth, are currently open under permanent rules and will remain open through February. The seasons adopted today will take effect March 1.

On the Columbia below the Hayden Island powerlines (west towers), anglers will be able to fish 7 days a week from March 1-15 and three days a week (Thurs. - Sat.) from March 19-April 18.

From the Hayden Island powerlines (west towers) upstream to Bonneville Dam, the season will run 7 days a week from March 1-22, and four days a week (Wed. - Sat.) from March 25-April 22.

The daily bag limit for these areas will be two adipose fin-clipped salmon or steelhead, but only one may be a chinook. The mainstem Columbia will be open for retention of adipose fin-clipped steelhead and shad ONLY during days and seasons open for retention of adipose fin-clipped spring chinook.

#10 ·
This is straight from the Announcement on 2/11/09.

Several fisheries, including those in the Willamette River and in the Columbia River between Bonneville Dam and the river mouth, are currently open under permanent rules and will remain open through February. The seasons adopted today will take effect March 1.
Some say it's open, some say it's closed above I-5.....which is it??? :shrug:

#7 ·
I was asked at the sportmen's show whether that was open ("good question," said both state cops I asked at the ODFW booth)...someone caught one out of 42nd st. and wondered if it was open. I believe he kept a hatchery...don't remember who it was though.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.