IFish Fishing Forum banner

Springers or late fall chinook????

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Kalama Fish Doctor 
#1 ·
When you hook a nice looking chinook , on a coast river that is shooting eggs in febuary but is bright enough to eat, is it a springer thats come very early or that run that should have been here in november?

Just wondering about a tale I was told.

Fishhead

#10 ·
What beautiful fall fish Bob. Rags supplied me with those beers.Thanks Rags!
I think what I was getting around to was that it seems that the seasons are changing and the fish are coming later and later each year . Or so it seems for the last 10 or so years.
Which brings up another point.
Why has the state of Oregon cut off the fall chinook season at the end of december when we all know that bright fish are still coming into the coast streams well into january??? I think the end of january cut off would put alot of us into some nice fish.:excited:

Just my :twocents:

Please dont blast me for wondering out loud.

Fishhead:D

#11 ·
What beautiful fall fish Bob. Rags supplied me with those beers.Thanks Rags!
I think what I was getting around to was that it seems that the seasons are changing and the fish are coming later and later each year . Or so it seems for the last 10 or so years.
Which brings up another point.
Why has the state of Oregon cut off the fall chinook season at the end of december when we all know that bright fish are still coming into the coast streams well into january??? I think the end of january cut off would put alot of us into some nice fish.:excited:

Just my :twocents:

Please dont blast me for wondering out loud.

Fishhead:D
Makes sense I know of a fish landed on a mid coast creek jan15 or so that was a crome bright buck.....caught on 12lb test while steelhead fishing. I would like to see it open a bit longer but it also lets those last fish go do there thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.