IFish Fishing Forum banner

Nestucca Report

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  tatered 
#1 Ā·
Drifted 4th to first bridges. Water very low, clear and cold.
Had to drag/schlep the boat through most riffles. Oh yeah, no fish to boot, we didn't even see any. Fished jigs, spinners and drift gear.
Saw a couple other boats and they all reported the same. Save your gas money and kitchen passes for when we get some rain.

#3 Ā· (Edited)
hit it yesterday around hebo, saw several jumping in the shallows , moved down river and my partner almost steped on one in about 6in of water it took off:passout: made it down to a large section of frog water and took a look into the tailout and low and behold there was a herd of steel now how many is a herd well you take a guess, now dont everyone go chasing off down there to try to catch them or beat the water to a foam, the water was low and clear and you could hit them in the face with any offering and they would ignore it or bail, we tried several things with no luck and they got spooked and split up did see a monster of a native had to g0 15lb plus just cruzzin along lookin for a girlfriend and a good mix of hatchery fish. there are fish there but they are spooked and holding in the deep/frog water. Lots of drift boats everyone was very nice, I hope the guide got into a few in the tailout we gave him the heads up on the way out. If you have the extra time and gas I say go to it if you like looking at fish swimming around but if I lived in pdx i would hit the Sandy.:twocents:

#4 Ā·
Water is LOW LOW fish high up or fish quickly and go for the big deep spots. Most of the very few fish we have seen around were small too :( pray for rain!!!!!:passout:
~FW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.