IFish Fishing Forum banner

storage for mooching rigs

5K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  lurking_out_loud 
#1 Ā· (Edited)
Does anyone have a good method for storing 2 or 3 hook mooching rigs, prawn rigs with spinners, or herring rigs with spinners? I would like to tie up a bunch for the upcoming season, but i dont like using foam tubing like for steelhead leaders. I have seen people store them on some type of flat board or something. Any tips or pics would be appreciated!

#3 Ā·
This works pretty well. Toss the out of season lure holders into a 5 gallon bucket to store. I'm putting a second holder in the boat next to this one.

Pretty easy to make yourself out of 1/8"x2" flat aluminum, 3/4" pvc, and a couple of clips and some pool noodles.

hth, aw

#5 Ā·
I just buy 2" X 2" Zip lock bags and use them.. I even have a habit of sticking them in a jacket pocket and recycling them. The last ones I bought I got at the Ace Hardware store in Aloha Or. over 13 years ago. I still have a bundle of 50-100 left. When these are gone, I guess it'll be time to die.:wink:

#10 Ā·
CHARTREUSE Pool noodles cut to about 18 inch- 2ft length. Works great. I use the same thing for Kwikfish leaders, and for droppers, and for spinnglos already tied up with bead chains and duolock snaps...ready to go. Mark them with a black sharpie to indicate leader length or whatever. Much better than ziplock bags I used to use.

#13 Ā·
There are a lot of ways to do this. here's my :twocents:. The smallest most compact way i have found is this. I the fly fishing section of some sporting good stores there are wallet like leader storage container with multiple plastic sleaves . Because I use red, blue, and purlpe herring I put colored paper in the sleave so I know what size herring I tied them for at a glance. I keep them all in my tackle box.

#15 Ā·
I just tie'em up, wrap'em around 2 fingers and use a wire twist-tie around'em. Works fine if you have to carry them. Otherwise, the foam spool looks like the ticket.

#17 Ā·
"The smallest most compact way i have found is this. I the fly fishing section of some sporting good stores there are wallet like leader storage container with multiple plastic sleaves"

CD wallets work great and are really cheap. I use the pool noodles for heavier line and some 2" pipe insulation on 1" PVC pipe with end caps for smaller stuff. The PVC pipe will hold copper wire, extra hooks, or whatever in a sealed tube which is pretty convenient.

-lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.