IFish Fishing Forum banner

Great Day Springer Fishing

7K views 56 replies 53 participants last post by  Code4 
#1 ·
Today the family and I spent about 4 hours on the water in the sun and yes the wind. It was a fairly windy and cold day out on the Columbia but we were rewarded nicely. :meme:My 5 year old son caught this beauty with a little help from his dad and his older brother. The fish put up a great fight and topped the scales at just over 30 pounds. We also had another take about an hour after we caught this fish. Throughout the time we were on the water motoring around and fishing we marked a fair number of fish. They're around, but with water temps at 37-38 degrees the fish will not be as aggressive as they would if the water temperatures were warmer.

Happy fisherman and his dad

The whole team

Matt

See less See more
#27 ·
Great pic of dad and his sons. They will always remember that one...

Congrads...:applause::applause:

Giz...

#31 ·
Great pic of dad and his sons. They will always remember that one...

Congrads...:applause::applause:

Giz...
It's great to get everyone out fishing. I grew up on a small aluminum boat on the upper Cowlitz and Columbia fishing for springers and on other small rivers fishing for harvest trout and steelhead with my dad. I just enjoy passing along the experince with my boys and hopefully it will be something they pass along to their kids. I was evan able to get my wife hooked which has worked to my benifit because we got a new boat last winter...One that she would be comfortable in even on a cold and windy day.

Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.