IFish Fishing Forum banner

After Work Fish!

2K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  fishsauce 
#1 · (Edited)
Stopped by Jacks Tackle this afternoon and talked Rob into making a few casts between batches of spinners that he was painting.

We worked the first spot for 15 minutes without a sniff. We were going to call it but I decided that I wanted to hit another spot that I lost a fish at on Saturday. We had to work around the bikini photo shoot that was going on, (that girl looked coooooooolllllllldddddd!!!!!!!!!) but it only took two casts to find a nice little hen.

The action shot (new Lamiglas XMG 50 EXC 92 M):

Hero shot:

Head Shot with the lure of choice:

Rob has been calling this "Bass Boat Blue" :D

#5 R&B with silver hammered front.

Fish was in 2 feet of water.

Time to fire up the bbq!

See less See more
#15 ·
Typical, I show you guys a nice bright fish and all you want to know about is the girl in the bikini! You have to focus and block out the distractions if you want to find fish in the low clear water!:D

I love that first pic for showing you all you need to know about the backbone of that new Lami 9'2". A fast rod with a lot of power!

#16 ·
nice fish! just one note that steelhead prob was not sitting in that 2 feet of water. I am sure that hen just followed it in. it is just a good reminder that you have to fish it all the way in. I see too many people give up 3/4 in their retrieve because the dont think that the fish would come in that close. Again good job!

#17 · (Edited)
Actually, it was in the 2 feet of water. She hit it just as it dropped in from 8"-10" into the 2' slot. The spinner was in the water for about 5 seconds before getting whacked.

I know right where that fish was laying because I hooked one in the exact same spot on saturday too. That is why I put the spinner there.:D

I know what you mean about finishing the swing though. Some fish will follow it all the way back to the rod tip!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.