IFish Fishing Forum banner

N. Fk. John Day Report

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  fish_guy10 
#1 Ā·
It was nice to leave the snow of Burns in the rear view mirror and venture to the Kimberly/Monument area where the temps hit the low 50's today. The water was extremely clear with about 8' of visibility, I figure. Knowing that the deepest hole I saw was about 6-7' deep, you get the idea! The folks at Boyers Market in Monument said there were some fish caught this weekend, with one gent taking 7 steelhead Saturday and a couple in an hour Sunday. Outside of a couple anglers just starting as we were leaving, we saw no one else on the river.

After 4 1/2 hours of my buddy tossing eggs, steelies and corkies, and I flinging a variety of flies we can raise our right hands and say that we witnessed no strikes. It was great to be on...and in...the water again. If a rain happens to fall up there over the next few days I may have to spend a vacation day just to try it all over again!

#3 Ā·
Thanks for sharing guys,

Service creek,
It sure is nice to have a fellow member that can walk to the john day river, take a good look, and share his findings with us when we send him a pm begging for a report. :flowered: It is also asked that new members post a fishing story or somthing related so we can get to know you a little bit.
Are you affiliated with the store at all??. Shuttles??

A friend and I have been contimplating going over and giving it a shot. I have heard of really good days and then some slow ones. It seems to me that the better days have came when its warming up??.

Thanks again Kiger creek for sharing the report

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.