IFish Fishing Forum banner

Crabbing reports???

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Danderson 
#1 ·
Just wondering how crabbing has been? Good tides this weekend questionable weather but thinking of going to the mighty Columbia or netarts or Tillamook shoot maybe even Newport. Anyone been out there recently?

#3 ·
Crabbing in T-Bay yesterday was exceptionally poor to non existent. What few crabs we got and what we saw others pull were small, few and far between. 11/2 hours no keepers and none close enough to measure. Other boats we talked to were having same luck.One boat 4 hours 6 traps numerous pulls 2 keepers. Our first pull 6 traps 1 crab. 2X4

#7 ·
Crabbing in T-Bay yesterday was exceptionally poor to non existent. What few crabs we got and what we saw others pull were small, few and far between. 11/2 hours no keepers and none close enough to measure. Other boats we talked to were having same luck.One boat 4 hours 6 traps numerous pulls 2 keepers. Our first pull 6 traps 1 crab. 2X4
Crabbed Friday with 5 pots and got 3+ limits/kept the best 24 in Tilly! You need to know where to find them this time of year, and used straight chicken to keep the few resident furballs away! Oh bait bags will also make your bait fish longer and think Long soaks when using pots!:cheers:

#4 ·
I crabbed through the flood tide Saturday at Newport. Numerous small red rock crab out between the jetties, lots of small dungeness farther up the bay, but in 5 or 6 lifts of three slip rings baited with rockfish carcasses had not one single keeper sized dungie.

There were lots of pots being worked out on the bay but no pots of boiling water afterwards...

#6 ·
According to the research I did yesterday the crabbing will probably be this way until about July. I had 6 keepers weekend before last in Nehalem. That's 4 pots and 2 rings for 4 hours. Not worth it. What to do? Catch up on honey do's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.