IFish Fishing Forum banner

Velcro on your Kwickie

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  stlhdr1 
#1 Ā·
After hearing about a couple of guides that are putting stickyback Valcro on their K15 and loading it up with scent, my question is this.\:

How big of piece(length/width) is the valcro and do You split it and put it in the same location as Sardine?? Pic wouold be nice if you have one.

Thanks in advance

#3 Ā·
Re: Valcro on your Kwickie

Just split it with scissors if you need to go around the belly hook eye, or use 2 pieces, one on either side of the eye.

As for the getting it clean, just remove the velcro after fishing it.....add a new piece for the next trip.

#4 Ā·

Not to Hi-jack your thread but I use the oil absorbant sheets for your bilge and magic thread it on!!

We have been doing this for Years for fall fishing and wrap it around the hooks and add our Shrimp oil...Lasts a Very Long time and lets a little slick out, Just give it a squeeze when you clean your lure to let more out.

Hope this helps some one just my :twocents:

#5 Ā·

I've done this before with just a little 1 inch strip below the belly hook. I used the hook side of the velcro, and with just a little scrubbing with a brush, got most of the nasty out of it. I just took a fillet of sardine and ground it in there. Works pretty well. Pre-bait wraps we used to use insulation rubber banded on. Good luck, TOC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.