IFish Fishing Forum banner

Nightmare variations??

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Maddie'sDaddy 
#1 Ā· (Edited)
Does anybody have any Nightmare variations to show??? I just tied this one picture is blurry (sorry) Its tied with all rabbit zonkers Black/flo-red/white. I hope you enjoy

#3 Ā·
Black suit, red tie, white shirt...I have renamed the nightmare to "The President" in honor of tomorrows holiday. Good luck out there and tight lines!
That jig will fish by the way!

#4 Ā·
That jig will fish for sure, but I'll let you in on something I've learned about steelhead fishing, especially in clear water.
Steelhead are pretty spooky but they can see for miles. This means you don't need something really bright or flashy. What you need is something with contrasting colors aka white head and black feathers they can see from way off. That's the reason nightmares are so awesome. Subtle, but very visible.
Half black, half chrome plugs are also great under the same situations as are black and silver spinners. Sharpie makers are beautiful things:whistle:
JD:twocents:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.