IFish Fishing Forum banner

springer help

3K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  Stick'em 
#1 Ā·
hey everyone,

what would you recomend for springer fishing on the columbia, wobblers, herring (cut plug or wrapped around a flat fish), spinners, washington side oregon side? any thing else I didn't know to ask?

#5 Ā·
When the fish are in there will be 1,000,001 boats out there - pay attention and follow the pack - everything you mentioned in your post works. Or do it the easy way, hire a guide and tell them you want to troll 1/2 the day and anchor 1/2 the day - you will learn a lot! :idea:

#8 Ā·
The price of the guided trip will save you countless wasted hours on the water. Not to mention the wasted $$$(gas, bait, lunch ,adult beverage of choice). Take a notebook and write down everything and when your guide isn't busy ask questions. If you got the dough, book a trip BEFORE the season gets really goin so you can capitolize on what you learned. Learning the hard way is for the birds.:twocents:Good luck homes...RD

#15 Ā·
That's a good Idea, I'd be ok with that, are there any guides monitoring this thread, willing to go preseason, if it makes a difference we can take my boat! would like to target (salmon or sturgeon or steelie, or all), leads to another question, anybody had the trifecta?

#11 Ā·
I personally like the M2 flatfish on anchor! A lot of it depends on where you are anchoring. The closer to Bonneville you get the smaller the Lure! The K 15 kwikfish works really well from Gov Island downriver. But if you are fishing from the Mouth of the Sandy upstream, I personally like the M2 flatfish or K 14 kwikfish. :excited:

#18 Ā·
I would take you on a preseason trip if you are interested, Some where in the Begining of March, you would learn the basics and might even land a fish, cant really garantee the results, and would have a better idea as we get closer. I do know that if there are fish to be caught, we usually have a good chance.

#19 Ā·
hiring a guide is the best idea. Book one for the area you want to fish because every spot is different. when i started fishing i booked several trip with Ron Holt (Clanceys Guide service) and every time we went out for Salmon, Sturgeon & Steelhead it was always different. Different location different tactics and it pays off

#20 Ā·
Jump on that bro. Joe has a bunch of tricks up his sleeve. Make him teach you how to spin a herring then you can show me :wink: Seriously tho, don't know all the guides on ifish but have seen Joe ruin the lives of many of our finned friends. Good luck homes RD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.