IFish Fishing Forum banner

New to Ifish and my first Springer of 2009

5K views 51 replies 51 participants last post by  Willis 
#1 Ā·
Hi

Im new to Ifish and my dad tells me before i get started, I have to post a fish story!

Here's the story of the day! Today i was fishing with my dad, grandpa Lynn, Dave Chamberlin, and his friend Larry.

We started at 9:00 A.M. in Oregon city, my dad put out a prawn on a diver, and within 5 minutes my rod was going down and i had a fish on!

After a short battle, it was in the net and it was a keeper! Here's a picture of the little 12 pounder.

It was the only fish we saw all day, but we did see someone catch a steelhead.

We just had some hot off the BBQ...it was excellent. My dad is a little mad because his earliest fish was February 15th...so I beat him by one day.

Bye, Fishterminator

See less See more
#6 Ā·
:applause: Good on ya young man! And good on dad and grandpa for teaching you the thrill of fishing... Some say catching a springer in feb. is equivilent to a hole in one or a 300 game in bowling! I have caught one (feb. 27th) in about eight years of fishing springers.... WAY TO GO!!!!! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

#35 Ā·
ME 2:applause::applause::applause::applause:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.