IFish Fishing Forum banner

Cleaning Boat Rails?

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  joliver 
#1 ·
Have a 20' thunderjet and am in process of getting springer ready :D I seem to have some grossness (a word?...probably not) on the rails around back of boat. Looks to be remnants of scents etc. Need some suggestions on what would be best course of action to clean these. Ideas anyone? Much Appreciated. Jason

#3 ·
If it is a plain aluminum rail,SOS will work and make it look like polished chrome. The only problem is, once you start, you will want to make the entire section look the same. Rub horizontally, right?

If you have sticky liquid/scent on painted surfaces you can make a paste out of auto Dishwasher detergent and let it sit on the yukky parts for about 5 minutes...........you should then be able to scrub away the mess.

#6 ·
Ya, again....the auto dishwasher paste (like Cascade,etc) has a bit of chlorine in it. It will even get the hot pink prawn dye out of your vinyl flooring if allowed to sit long enough. It is the only thing I have found that will budge sticky liquid.

#8 ·
I like the Purple Power from Napa gets rid of smelly jelly scents in a hurry as well as egg mess's.
I generally apply it to a wet surface then take an old wash mitt and scrub it around and rinse.
Keep it off your paint.
You can buy the Concentrate in a 2 1/2 gal jug for about 25$ and dilute it down or get brave and use it straight with rubber gloves.
I detail a couple of outside boats each year and this is my first step.

JOHNNY'S FISHIN STICKS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.