IFish Fishing Forum banner

Crabbing Near Newport.

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  yeep740 
#1 ·
Hey folks,

My wife & I will be camping at Beverly Beach this weekend. We would like to do some crabbing while we're there. I have 0 crabbing equipment. Is there anywhere in Newport Bay or close by that offers crabbing equipment rentals? Boat, pots, bait, etc?

Thanks in advance.

-Breck

#2 · (Edited)
On the south side of the bay by the boat ramp there is a store. They use to have all the equipment that you need. I would check there. If you do go, right in the center of town where the hi way from Corvallis comes in there is a grocery store, can't remember which one it is, that sells day old turkey legs. I always had my best luck using the turkey, plus the seals left it alone. Good luck.

#3 ·
There is also a fishing and bait shop on the north side of the bay in old town, can't remember the name though. It's across the street from the bay. They've always been great about helping the newbies out with gear and bait from my experience. Rent two rings apiece and hit the pier next to the Rogue brewery from two hours before high slack tide to one hour after or until the tide starts running out with some force. Good luck and post a report when you get back!

#5 ·
Thanks for the info. I'll let y'all know how we did when we get back.

#6 ·
you can rent boats and gear at the marina on the south side of yaquina. I usually stop by the fred meyers to get my turkey legs 79cents/lb.

You can also just rent rings and throw them off the pier by the marina entrance.

Good luck, that is my favorite place to crab, b/c it is the most consistent for me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.