IFish Fishing Forum banner

Smelt in the Lewis?

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  trafficjamb 
#1 ·
About 10am yesterday I was driving over the I5 Bridge in Woodland and could see some water swirling. I also watched a segal dive. Today, there was segals swimming there again. Is it possible there are smelt in the Lewis?

#5 ·
I just seen that guy yesterday. I thought about stopping but thought maybe we'll get a run this year and be able to get my own.

I remember when they came into the Sandy a few years ago I was the first person down at the river, ran home got my net and one scoop I was done! There's a little back eddy under the bridge that they all gather to right next to the bank you don't even need to get your toes wet or that long handle.

#6 ·
I stopped today and bought some of his Smelt. He has 25 lb frozen fish box for $80.00. The smelt are from Alaska and looked great. He has smaller bags 5lb. for $20.00 etc. I told him he is in a bad spot for traffic and he should move down the the lot going into the Port. Good luck and have great fishing !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.