IFish Fishing Forum banner

olympic peninsula reports?

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  slabhunter 
#1 Ā·
anybody got one?

#3 Ā· (Edited)
Yes.

The rivers have surpassed historic lows for this time of year. This weekend is also usually the busiest weekend of the year over on the OP.

I floated 12 miles of the Sol Duc on Wednesday and didn't touch a fish.

The Hoh will probably have 50 boats on it this weekend. Reports have been bleak on that river as well.

Why anyone would come to the OP to fish this weekend, with these water conditions, especially if you're coming up from Oregon where you already have good fisheries, is way way way beyond me line of thought.

Pay attention to the OP weather and the river heights. As soon as the OP gets a freshet, I'd be all over fishing on the OP. Should open up a few more rivers for people to fish in, and should be a pile of fish moving up after the next big freshet......

#6 Ā·
Yes.

The rivers have surpassed historic lows for this time of year. This weekend is also usually the busiest weekend of the year over on the OP.

I floated 12 miles of the Sol Duc on Wednesday and didn't touch a fish.

The Hoh will probably have 50 boats on it this weekend. Reports have been bleak on that river as well.

Why anyone would come to the OP to fish this weekend, with these water conditions, especially if you're coming up from Oregon where you already have good fisheries, is way way way beyond me line of thought.

Pay attention to the OP weather and the river heights. As soon as the OP gets a freshet, I'd be all over fishing on the OP. Should open up a few more rivers for people to fish in, and should be a pile of fish moving up after the next big freshet......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.