IFish Fishing Forum banner

black box

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  tomictime 
#1 Ā·
Ok not sure if pro troll is a sponor, but I would like to know if anyone else has ever used the PRO-TROLL Black Box. My cousin and I spent many a fishless hour in my boat. I'm sure I'm not alone, hogged up using the same set up as both boats on either side, SAME lure, SAME dropper, SAME leader length, and not a bite, while the guys on both sides are caching fish left and right.

My cousin is convinced the boat is jinxed, I've even gone as far as to take fish that I've caught in other peoples boats home and rubbed the exterior of the boat down with the fish.

So my cousin recommended to my wife that I needed a Black Box, the way the instructions read it is very important to have your boat set up right. I had no Idea what the zincs were for until I read the book that came with the Black Box.

It would appear that they are designed espeacially for downrigger use, wondering if anyone has used them attatched to the boat.

Kind of depressing to put 120 fishless hours on a $30,000 boat, and not be tempted to sell it!:passout:

#3 Ā·
To be honest I never thought a guide, would get in my boat when the bite is on, unless I was willing to pay his full boat price to take him with me. I have thought about posting an open seat available to experienced fishermen, but my luck I'd get 100 responses from boatless know it all's.

ISeeFish-I see your an electrician, you could probably hook up my Black Box! PM sent.

#5 Ā·
Unless you have a hot boat electrically I don't think this is your problem. Is your kicker properly bonded with your hull? Are you running any of you grounds directly to your hull instead of to the battery? Do you have a potential difference between the battery ground and your hull? Is your anode clean?

Additionally are you fishing in the proper fishing lane? Sometimes you can be out of it by a few feet and will watch others catch fish while you do not. Is your gear properly cleaned? Are your plugs, spinners, and wobblers properly tuned? Do you wear rubber gloves when handling your gear?

90% of the fish are caught by 10% of the fishermen. The only difference between them and you is they are paying attention to the small details! :D

#6 Ā·
I'm sure I'm not alone, hogged up using the same set up as both boats on either side, SAME lure, SAME dropper, SAME leader length, and not a bite, while the guys on both sides are caching fish left and right.

:passout:
There are some guides and a lot of other boat owners that would pay big bucks to park next to you! Maybe you can rent out the spots to the right and left of you. On a good day, you could probably turn those spots over three or four times as each of the boats next to you limits out, and the next "customer" pulls in for their turn. When you have made enough money from that plan, you could buy another boat and have them welded together side by side. Fish from the new boat along side the old boat and catch fish one after another while still renting out the space on the other side! Hogline Guide Service....:laugh::laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.