Help needed with a gun value - Pietro Beretta 12 Gauge Silver Snipe NOW W/PICTURES - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Hunting

Old 09-19-2008, 01:08 PM   #1
Don Becker
King Salmon

Default Help needed with a gun value - Pietro Beretta 12 Gauge Silver Snipe NOW W/PICTURES

Jon and I are trying to assist a friend of his with a value for the friend's shotgun. The gun is to be sold through a private transaction - - buyer and seller just need some help with value in order to complete their transaction. Your assistance is appreciated. We will be working on adding a photo or two and, we know there are other resources available - - 'just wanted to start here. Thanks Don & Jon Becker

-Pietro Beretta over/under 12 Gauge Silver Snipe
-Numbers on stock (where barrels lock to stock) right side 'S.55'
- Left side 'A34697'
-Words on left side of top barrel 'CHROMIUM MOLYBDEN8UM.ALLOY STEEL P. BERETTA-GARDONE V.T'
-Words on right side of top barrel 'MADE IN ITALY'

APPEARING ON BOTH SIDES OF METAL BARREL LOCK/STOCK: (believe this may be called The 'Monobloc'

-A single line of scrolling running from both 'black' hinges of the barrel and thru the silver of metal part of stock/hinge
-Other markings stamped in medal 'PIETRO BERETTA'
'Founded in 1680'
'MADE IN ITALY'
'SILVER SNIPE 12 Gauge'
Logo of 'Triple Trident'

APPEARING ON UNDER-SIDE OF METAL BARREL LOCK/STOCK: (Monobloc' ????

-A full ANGEL holding a large HOOP down and forward to her left, the name 'P. BERETTA' in an arch underneath her and underneath that is a 'code of arms'- with 'J' in the upper left, 'l' in the upper right, and 'G' in the base point and underneath the code of arms the block is stamped with 'MONOBLOC'

ADDITIONALLY, the wood piece that locks-in under the barrel has a piece of metal for the locking mechanism and on eachend the number '34697' (matching above number) is stamped--although there is no letter 'A' in front of the number.

On the bottom of the barrel where it locks to the block, there are some numbers and letters stamped: 'S.55' and '34697'; there are a couple to few other letters and numbers that are too small for me to read--if needed I can probably get a magnifying glass.

Don Becker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:48 PM   #2
baltz526
King Salmon

Default Re: Help needed with a gun value -Pietro Beretta over/under 12 Gauge Silver Snipe

blue book lists the silver snipe 1955-1967. 2 models, if it has vent rib with SST (single selective trigger) $650 to $700. without sst and vent rib, $595 to $700. check these prices on the big gun sites like GUNS AMERICA. i'm guessing the book price is a bit low and this gun could be ordered with special features to complicate the pricing. if it has vent rib and really nice wood in great condition it could be more valuable
Old 09-19-2008, 02:50 PM   #3
baltz526
King Salmon

Default Re: Help needed with a gun value -Pietro Beretta over/under 12 Gauge Silver Snipe

book also lists a s55-b at $150 less than silver snipe
Old 09-19-2008, 03:49 PM   #4
Clamman
Tuna!

I have seen a couple vent rib SST going on Gunbroker for the $630 to $675 range. Might be a bit high if it isn't in good shape. My dad has a 1960 vent rib SST and I had it appraised at $550 due to some minor scuffing on the stock and barrel.

Great shooting gun! Whomever buys it will certainly enjoy a classic P. Beretta!!

Clam
Clamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:42 AM   #5
jon becker
Fry

I saw the shotgun a couple weeks ago, however, I don't remember if it has the vented barrel (i don't think it does but if I can get a picture that will help). The gun is in pretty desent shape overall. the stock is a little worn but nothing a little reconditioning wouldn't take care of. it is a very well balanced shotgun and pulls up extremenly nice. Will post a picture if i can get one. thanks to all for your comments and assistance.
Oregon Master Hunter, ODFW Volunteer, member of Oregon Firearms Federation, Gun Owners of America, The NRA, CCRKBA, Second Amendment Foundation, Gold Prospectors Association of America and Northwest Mineral Prospectors Club.
jon becker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:54 AM   #6
baltz526
King Salmon

if it is a non-vent rib with double triggers or single non selective trigger it will be in the lower price range. $450 to $700 but triple check on the current market price. berretta shotguns are great guns and normally bring top dollar used
Old 10-01-2008, 09:39 AM   #7
Don Becker
King Salmon

Photo's we received . . .

Old 10-01-2008, 09:52 AM   #8
baltz526
King Salmon

if a friend of mine walked up to me and asked me to buy this gun, i would pay $600. someone else might pay more or less. if both walk away happy it was a good transaction. but i'm biased i do not like to hunt with an O/U
Old 10-01-2008, 10:23 AM   #9
Don Becker
King Salmon

Default Re: Help needed with a gun value - Pietro Beretta 12 Gauge Silver Snipe NOW W/PICTURE

Thanks for all of your great input on this, Richard. 'Tough to get Jon to post much here but I'm sure he also appreciates the assistance. Don

Old 10-01-2008, 02:53 PM   #10
jon becker
Fry

Default Re: Help needed with a gun value - Pietro Beretta 12 Gauge Silver Snipe NOW W/PICTURE

I really do appreciate all of replies received on this thread.
Oregon Master Hunter, ODFW Volunteer, member of Oregon Firearms Federation, Gun Owners of America, The NRA, CCRKBA, Second Amendment Foundation, Gold Prospectors Association of America and Northwest Mineral Prospectors Club.
jon becker is offline   Reply With Quote