Status of floatilla 3 - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Archives > Ifish 2001 archives

Old 10-01-2001, 08:42 AM   #1
Stz ll
Ifish Nate

Default Status of floatilla 3

What is the status of this weeks Floatilla 3. Is it still on? If so where is going to be held? Cowlitz, NF Lewis, Satsop? Looking for details.

Thank You

TEAM BANANA!!
Stz ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 04:00 PM   #2
Stz ll
Ifish Nate

Default Re: Status of floatilla 3

Come on doesn't anybody know what the status of flotilla lll is? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
TEAM BANANA!!
Old 10-01-2001, 04:01 PM   #3
Stz ll
Ifish Nate

Ok so I can't spell in the afternoon.
TEAM BANANA!!
Old 10-01-2001, 04:39 PM   #4
Smily
Ifish Nate

I still am hoping to go, but I can't find an open seat. I also have a db boat but don't know other people that want to go. I still don't know the area or where we're going yet. Will need to make final plans soon so I can plan to go or not. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Smily [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2001, 05:07 PM   #5
Stz ll
Ifish Nate

Smily, I will keep you posted. I may have a seat in my boat etc. I saw your post from a couple of weeks ago today. As soon as I get information on the floatilla I will let you know.

Pete
Stz ll
TEAM BANANA!!
Old 10-01-2001, 05:11 PM   #6
Spooled
Chromer

I still plan on fishing Saturday.
Team "Ragin' Raccoon"
Spooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 05:42 PM   #7
DanS
Ifish Nate

The Satsop is dead low. I haven't heard from my "scouts" if there are any fish there yet. Fished the lower Chehalis on Sunday and bagged 2 silvers, one 15 lbs. one 8 lbs. Saw quite a few nets flying throughout the day, but the bite was sporadic.

You can put a drift boat on the Chehalis at Satsop and take out at Monte, but it's a pretty long stretch through some froggy water if the tide isn't running out. (High tide is at 4:30 on Saturday). There are fish there, but not in big numbers yet. I did see some dandy silvers taken last weekend, and a few kings as well.

From what I've heard, the Cowlitz hasn't been all that hot, either. There are fish there, too, but the bite has been spotty.

Fargin' rain.........never rains when you want it to, only when you don't.
Old 10-01-2001, 08:23 PM   #8
boater
Tuna!

is someone going to "cowboy up" and make a decision ??
boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 08:42 PM   #9
fishhead5
Steelhead

How about the Snake River???????????

Fishhead5

He who laughs last.......
Thinks the slowest
fishhead5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 09:01 PM   #10
Deleted User

I've heard and read that guys with driftboats do not want to float the Cowlitz. And it has been slow lately. It's up to the Washington guys, but my suggestion at this point would be to put back the date to a Saturday in late October when the rains are more likely to have arrived. They had better arrive!!! And it will take more than just a little rain to get the river to where we would like it because the ground is like a dry sponge right now. With enough rain the the Satsop can satisfy most everyone I think? If you WAs decide it's still to be this coming weekend it seems that the choices are among 3 big rivers - Chehalis, Cowlitz, or NF Lewis? Post your input.

RT
Old 10-01-2001, 09:22 PM   #11
fishchaser
Ifish Nate

Just bringing this to the top for STZII I can't go on Saturday, so STZII and Drahcir might have a seat open for this Saturday. I have a roof to clean up after the replacement of the new one. This job is now complete [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Member # 496
fishchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 10:04 PM   #12
smilesforu
Tuna!

Forecast is for no rain and a chance of showers on Saturday. Things are not looking good for the planned event at present locals.
We should all follow fly... Rumor of a 28# hatchery coho in the tribal nets...(rumor until we see pictures) OH MY ...guess we know where all these pig coho have been heading [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2001, 10:44 PM   #13
BUGLEMAN
Tuna!

I am ready for the 6th. So I vote for the Cow or the N. Fork. Unless........the Clackamas is a good bet from Barton. Lots of fish and I think we could find enough biters to get a few in each boat. I just thought that I should throw that out there. I don't really want to change the date. I say this trip is planned and most have commited to this date so, we go on the 6th and plan another trip later in October.
Old 10-01-2001, 11:10 PM   #14
willierower

Im for moving it to a later date. Im not able to go this coming weekend, Family members requested my time. So I had to change plans. Besides that, Im not hearing anything good from the 3 rivers that were candidates for the Slaughter on the water.
If the weather stays dry too long, we could shoot for the Elk or Sixes in mid november [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img].
willierower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 06:53 AM   #15
CATCH AND EAT
King Salmon

RT, I'm for a latter date too. I had a friend of mine die this Sunday and the funeral is Saturday morning. I told Spooled already so that he could get someone to fill my seat. Sure was looking forward to fishing with you guys and show them Washington dude who rules.

I am also disappointed that I didn't get to try my new on the market pink procured worms and top water Coho Gear. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Just teasing a little. Sorry T-Bay did'nt produce for you. Fishing is pretty stagnent right now. RAIN DANCE TIME. Send a check to me for $35,000 and I guarentee that it will rain in the next two weeks. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Bernie

Be pompous, obese, and eat cactus
Be dull, and boring, and omnipresent
Criticize things you don't know about
Be oblong and have your knees removed
CATCH AND EAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 07:22 AM   #16
Jeffhead
Chromer

I know that some of the people are for moving the date and some of the people have made plans for this Saturday and cannot make a date later in the month. One thing that we could do is for those that want to fish together Saturday is to do the Cow and go ahead and plan another day later in the month (say the 27th) to fish the Satsop/Chehalis. As for me I can and will fish both dates. How many guys want to fish Saturday???
Good luck and tight lines, Jeff [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2001, 07:41 AM   #17
THE REEL HEY_YALL
Tuna!

Jeffhead-

Like you even had to ask. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Cowlitz scout here - the bite has been slow slow slow up top around the Barrier. But, ya know how that river is. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

DanS, I'll get you a scout report this weekend. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Pork Rinds Pro-Staff
Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way .

all_4_the_chinookie@hotmail.com
THE REEL HEY_YALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 07:48 AM   #18
Osprey
Tuna!

I will not be attending the Floatilla this weekend,I walk in on the Satsop yesterday,saw 1 coho landed ...slow!!!!
I vote to reschedule or do what ever you guys want......I'll wait for more water....Os

Proud to be an American
Old 10-02-2001, 07:55 AM   #19
DanS
Ifish Nate

I like the looks of a later date myself. Like I said, there are some nice fish in the Chehalis, but they're just now startting to enter the system. The Chehalis water was like bath water, and with a little rain and cooler temps, the bite should really turn on.

I have the 27th open if you guys would like to shoot for that date on the Satsop. With the fish arriving like they are, that should put us smack in the middle of some good numbers of fish.

I'm not dragging my driftboat to the Cowlitz, but I'd like to tag along if anybody is dropping their sled in there on Saturday.

This weather.... [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]. Gimme some rain, dammit!
Old 10-02-2001, 09:10 AM   #20
Timber Man
Steelhead

If its later in the month and on a saturday I'm OUT I'll be hunting more then fishing!!My hunting pardner can't get any time off this year to hunt so we will be hunting every weekend...TM

TM
Timber Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 09:48 AM   #21
Stz ll
Ifish Nate

The 27th look ok for me at this point also. Whatever everybody else decides to do is ok. A decision obviously has to made soon. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
TEAM BANANA!!
Old 10-02-2001, 10:54 AM   #22
Deleted User

what has been the long term weather forcast for that area? Are the salmon still bright in late October?

[ 10-02-2001: Message edited by: Stump ]
Old 10-02-2001, 12:52 PM   #23
Deleted User

Ah crud, I'm getting my hair done on the 27th. Not. That sounds like a good day to pencil in for the 'Sop, and hope it's 'right' by then, and should be. It better be raining by then! And Jeff, our crew is still planning on fishing this Saturday too. Let's stay in touch via e-mail and the BBs. You and Mike ('Yall) can let us know which area of the Cow is producing best by late this week, and suggest a meeting area. We can have a fun get together of sledders, and driftboaters with kicker motors (or no motors). In my opinion, fishing is too eratic right now for any contests/prizes. But not for having fun. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

My condolences Bernie. Take care and we'll have ya out on another day.

RT
Old 10-02-2001, 12:55 PM   #24
plug puller
Fry

I know that this is my first post but I have been watching this site for over a year.
If it would be ok I was wondering if I could include my boat in the float if I can get home from school. i haven't floated the Satsop(I am mainly a nooch guy) But I would like to give it a try. Tight lines.
plug puller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 01:52 PM   #25
4Salt
Steelhead

The Satsop historically got chrome silvers all the way into January. Late October is prime time if the rains cooperate. Chrome fish will enter with each blowout, and as soon as there is a foot or two of visibility, LOOK OUT! Chum will be there in force in late Oct. also. While they may not be that much to look at, or eat, (you can't keep them anyway) they will rip your silver gear up! There should be plenty of kings available as well. Some chrome, some not so chrome, it all depends, but they still bite plugs and eggs, and some are fairly large. I always thought that later in the month would have been better as far as fish numbers go, but the OLY crew probably knows that river better than I, so I didn't dispute their info. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2001, 02:53 PM   #26
Drachir
King Salmon

Sounds like 4SALT knows where of he speaks, so I vote for the 27th, on the Satsop! I'm fishing with StzII in his Willie DB, and I can't wait, sounds like Too Much Fun!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Original I-Fish Member #183---GO DUCKS!!!
Drachir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 06:09 PM   #27
DanS
Ifish Nate

4S,

You have the Satsop pretty well figured out. There would have been fish there if there was any water, but you know how early October can be around here.

We should see some dampness by the 27th, though and things will get going. Should be silvers, king and chums by then too. Looking forward to it........
Old 10-02-2001, 06:29 PM   #28
Steelheader69
Chromer

Well, I'm out for the floatilla this weekend. With the way the weather has been and the all around conditions I'll choose plan B. I'll either hit my zipperlip that's always fishable or I'll float another local river in that vicinity. I won't hit the Cow or Lewis, I figure if everything is slow why go to a river I don't like when I can run a river I love that's slow?

I'll give reports depending on how the bite was where I was fishing (cept I won't tell you where my zipperlip is [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )
Okie Collector #1
Fly Tiers Anonymous Pro Staff
Steelheader69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 06:42 PM   #29
fishchaser
Ifish Nate

Hey If we do it on the 27th I'll be able to make it too. Hey, let's set it for the 27th. Drahcir and STZ II I hope there is room in your boat for the 27th, I'm kind of inviting myself, that is if Linda doesn't want to go. If she wants to go than she can go in my place. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Member # 496
fishchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 07:25 PM   #30
fishbait

Hey I'm out. Fish have shown up in Tillamook area tidewater and my bobber rod and I have a date.........

Member # 287

Mortgage Loan Originator, NMLS # 88726
Direct line 971.250.4510
http://40009.stearnshomeloans.com/st...e.php?id=13040

Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but rather by how many times something takes your breath away.

Lifetime member of NW Steelheaders
Proud Member CCA
fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 08:53 PM   #31
Steelheadman
Steelhead

Too bad Saturday's fishing event is canceled. Here's a suggestion. Lets all road trip to Pullman to see the WSU Cougars take on the OSU Beavers, 2 PM Martin Stadium. It's homecoming weekend. We could fish the Snake at Lower Granite Sunday morning. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Steelheadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 12:15 AM   #32
smilesforu
Tuna!

Well unhook the cable OS I guess I have to chase silvers and kings in my neck of the woods instead....Sweet!! err...I mean darn sure would have been fun. To think I was bumming about having to leave these fish for a weekend.
Old 10-03-2001, 06:06 AM   #33
Jim
Chromer

OK...So...Is it official?? The 27th?? Driftboats on the Satsop...and Sleds on the Chehalis?

I am good to go with that and at this point will arrange for all of us a place to meet for dinner. If anyone needs a place to stay, the Monte Square Motel was completely remodeled this past year and has new and inexpensive room at about $55 a night. If you are one that likes to bring the wife along the Abel House Bed and Breakfast is a very nice place right in Montesano and will make you a GREAT lunch instead of Breakfast for the day. Feel free to email me with any questions.

Oh....with as many fish that are in the Chehalis right now...and with one good rain the DB's should have a very fun day!!

Jim
Old 10-03-2001, 09:51 AM   #34
Dances
Steelhead

So is it finally are we going to move it back to the 27. I dont really care I just wanna fish [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Here Fishy Fishy Fishy
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy
No fish guess I will have to find something else to do
Dances is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 10:11 AM   #35
Fishhead
Steelhead

How about Tillamook bay this weekend? Lots of water and lots of room. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] We need rain to make the other states rivers pick up. Just my two pennies worth. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ...........Fishhead Vic [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 12:41 PM   #36
BUGLEMAN
Tuna!

Ok I will run with the tide here. The 27th sounds good to me plus the Satsop sounds very cool.
Old 10-03-2001, 02:09 PM   #37
Deleted User

You Washington hosts must say it's official. But at this point I see it as a done deal to move it to later - and the 27th is the target date; hoping we don't get a severe drought, which is unlikely.

Also, I communicatged with Jeff this morning and the Cowlitz has slowed way down such that I don't see a mini-floatilla happening there this Saturday. Keep us up to speed Jim and Dan. Thanks.

RT
Old 10-03-2001, 02:34 PM   #38
Jim
Chromer

RT...in my book it is official...Dan?? Are you ok with the 27th?? Just for an update on the chehalis...didn't fish today but did on Monday and Tuesday. Monday 2 guys...4 fish, Tuesday 4 guys 7 fish...they are there, and regardless of the nets they are still coming! Hopefully both systems will be full on the 27th.

Jim
Old 10-03-2001, 02:56 PM   #39
DanS
Ifish Nate

Yep, I'm down with it. So I guess now it's officially a "date". (I put date in quotations so RT wouldn't think I was makin' moves on him [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] )
By the 27th, there might even be enough water to get sleds on the lower Satsop. Thanks for the update, Jim, see ya on the 27th! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

[ 10-03-2001: Message edited by: DanS ]
Old 10-03-2001, 03:55 PM   #40
Drachir
King Salmon

OK Everybody, let's all pray to the rain Gods and bless us with some much needed wet stuff. I'm all set for the 27th!!! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-03-2001, 04:29 PM   #41
hoochie
Steelhead

AWWWRIGHT, we finally got a date and pace set!
Niki is bringning a big can-o-whup*** and is itching to show you Orygunners how to slay Silvers.

Y'all have never fished with a better partner than she is. Right, Bubba????
Old 10-03-2001, 08:11 PM   #42
Jeffhead
Chromer

OK,
Now that we have the "official" floatilla date set for the 27th count me in (still)!!! Thought we were gonna get together and fish Saturday anyway but my boat is in the shop and my ride had to pass on Saturday. So see ya all later this month!!!
Good luck and tight lines, Jeff [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ 10-03-2001: Message edited by: Jeffhead ]
Old 10-04-2001, 04:37 PM   #43
Drachir
King Salmon

Personally I don't really care who catches more fish, WA folks, or OR folks. I'm just looking forward to fishing a new river, and enjoying the good I-Fish folks company. It just sounds like a good time will be had by all, provided the fish gods, and weather gods are kind to us. I've always said, that being out with friends is what it's all about, and if you catch something, it's just that much better!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Old 10-04-2001, 04:49 PM   #44
Deleted User

For the most part you are right on Drachir. Most of the trash talkin has been for fun. Although I expect the luckier the angler on F III day the louder will be his woofin. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Me too. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

RT
Old 10-05-2001, 07:01 AM   #45
Osprey
Tuna!

woof woof.....just practicing [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]..........
Old 10-05-2001, 07:26 AM   #46
THE REEL HEY_YALL
Tuna!

Who's your daaaaaddy?! Also, just practicing. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Pork Rinds Pro-Staff
Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way .

all_4_the_chinookie@hotmail.com
THE REEL HEY_YALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 02:51 PM   #47
Deleted User

C&E, Troy says our team in intact. If we decide to use my sled instead of his driftboat, then Stew is joining our squad. I fugure if we do the lower end sleddin we won't have to all get out the Ajax and bristle brushes, then the polish rags, for an hour or so after the event. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] If the fish are all up above high on the 'Sop after rains; then Stew will have to jump into another driftboat?

And let's do some practicin' too Bernie. ... "Heh heh heh, what happened to you home field advantaged Waaaaasies? Hee a hee hee, a hee hee. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Since you don't have anything to do, stop crying and get over here and help us clean our limits." [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2001, 11:58 PM   #48
CATCH AND EAT
King Salmon

RT, you mean I still might get to fish with you and Spooled (got it right this time Troy)? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I can do it the 27th if the invite is still there.

Thanks RT for the Condolences regarding the death of my friend. Funeral is tomorrow as you know.

Good luck to all this weekend. Looks like my only chance may be Sunday morning if I can play hooky from Church. Sorry Lord, I need this one, been a tough and ugly week. Fortunatly, the symbol for Christianity is a fish so God should'nt get to mad at me. He seems to continually provide good times with those little guys. Thanks Lord [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

By the way Lord.... how big are the fish in Heaven anyways? [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Be pompous, obese, and eat cactus
Be dull, and boring, and omnipresent
Criticize things you don't know about
Be oblong and have your knees removed
CATCH AND EAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 07:51 PM   #49
boater
Tuna!

rt, after you clean my fish, grab me a beer, woof woof woof, just practicing [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 09:34 PM   #50
Jim
Chromer

All Righty!! I am looking forward to the 27th...I would appreciate the beginning of a head count probably be easiest if everyone would email me:

OH.....and what is this about cleaning fish?? I haven't had anybody clean a fish for me in years and years...I will really enjoy that part!

RT...could you also please email me the "rewards" so that I know. I am going to throw another one in the pot. I will put an Okuma Epix 30 on the line for the best story of the worst cast of the day.

my email address is:

runwildrivers@yahoo.com

Thanks guys and gals!!

Jim
Old 10-09-2001, 10:47 PM   #51
stlhdr1
Sturgeon

Like I had mentioned on PP the other BB we will be donating 5 bottles of the Ultimate Egg Cure which should be ready for the market by the end of the month a lot later than expected, some issues with legality on labeling.
Anyhow I'm fighting hard to free the 27th, (let me tell you sales sucks) to come out and clean a limit of hens, RT we might not get the biggest fish but we'll have the largest bag of eggs at the end of the day! Which would you rather have??? If we do keep a buck we'll be so kind to let you clean that! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
As for our team it will be James and I, we may have an open seat!!!
Keith

[ 10-09-2001: Message edited by: stlhdr1 ]
stlhdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 10:54 PM   #52
Deleted User

Thanks Jim.

I will move your post above to a new F III headcount thread - here and on Piscatorial. Then guys from both places can e-mail participation confirmation and prize pledges to you (riversrunwild@yahoo.com), for pre-event planning and post info. Guys without rides and with extra boat seats should e-mail you too for matching up? I will donate a $25 STS products gift certificate. I think WW is doing the same for their tackle shop? Keith's cure is worth winning! Perhaps you should check into the possible need for the $25 WDFW derby permit? Also by early that week, give us suggestions for a beer and pizza place to meet after the Hwy. 12 boat ramp lot 'fish hoist and pic' get together.

Our team will need to switch to my sled due to a recent backside injury that will keep me from taking turns rowing a 3-man team driftboat. It will also allow us to use that as an excuse in the extreme outside chance that we don't come in with the most and heaviest fish totals. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Our team is Stew (STEWED), Troy (Spooled), Bernie (C&E), and me (RT).

Come on Oregon guys and gals, lets get some more good teams confirming to Jim! Yeehaaw on the 27th on the Satsop/Chehallis!
--------------------

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: RT ]
Old 10-09-2001, 10:56 PM   #53
Timber Man
Steelhead

I'll be elk hunting that weekend!!!Do any of you hunt or what [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

TM
Timber Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 11:02 PM   #54
stlhdr1
Sturgeon

Muzzleloader, my friend! The late hunt in late Nov. in the West Klickitat unit either sex elk and 2-point or better deer, this way you don't override great fishing.
Keith [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
stlhdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 11:33 PM   #55
smilesforu
Tuna!

Don't think I can swing the 27th. Not much of a fair fight anyway [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]....practing.. hehe

Or how about...you want some of my fish to take home with you. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ...more practicing

Just playing of course. Would be great to meet everybody from the board in person.

Oh one more...hehe.. Here fight this one you big baby... More practicing [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2001, 08:01 AM   #56
Osprey
Tuna!

WOOF WOOF WOOF just practicing
Lookin forward to hearing all the crying coming from you southern boys(south of the Columbia)
Rt we all know it takes a Wassie to lead you to fish [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
We don't need no prizes ,the look on you're faces will be the prize...... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img].....Os

it's raining now.....I will be practicing for sure....soon......