Fishing score - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Archives > Ifish 2001 archives

Old 03-22-2001, 11:21 AM   #1
Irontrader
Coho

Default Fishing score

I mentioned this in another posting, but thought it would be better to let it stand alone and be bashed or ignored on its own.

To me, having a fishing score display rather than a star rating would make more sense.

We'd have to determine what goes into and how a fishing score is calculated, but that is details which could be worked out.

People wanting to participate would update their own score. We do trust each other in being honest in what we catch, don't we? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

The main idea is that people with higher scores are the ones that are claiming to be successful fisherman and have caught legal size fish to prove it.

I'd like to see it where each year, your score is reset so your skill for the current year is all that matters.

Crazy idea?

Irontrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2001, 11:31 AM   #2
Jellyhead
Chromer

Default Re: Fishing score

I don't know if that would work for me. I do more warmwater fishing than coldwater. Would I only be able to tally my slimy-rays or would my spiny-rays count.

Some folks would probably suggest a minus score for the spiny-rays [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I like it the way it is. We know who the B.S'ers are. Posting pic's is another good way to show everyone you can catch em'.

Just my .02

Aaron
Jellyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 11:34 AM   #3
Bait O' Eggs
King Salmon

What, you dont want to hear about the BIG ones that got away? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Any fisherman worth there weight in waders could easily exagerate there rating. Might be fun to see how many fish get caught while plunking a keyboard, with glazed donut frosting on there fingers. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2001, 11:49 AM   #4
Nanook

Nah. If you want ratings and scores, join us on Internet multi-player for online killing in Descent 3 or something. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]