The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Community

Notices

Old 06-19-2017, 06:24 AM   #1
FishMexicutioner
Fry

Question Salmon Fishing

Hey Guys,

So i just started salmon fishing this year for the first time, And i have been reading a lot about the pro troll flashers with the echip so i got a couple of them and a few other flashers. The only problem i got is that i have never rigged one up and I'm not sure how to set one up. I am just wondering how to rig a setup with what i got

I have kwikfish, jet divers, and lead weights.. I normally put my kwikfish with a 5ft leader and a foot with my diver

Any ideas on rigs using flashers and what i got..

Any help would be much appreciated

Thank you All

FishMexicutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2017, 07:12 AM   #2
Retired11
Coho

Default Re: Salmon Fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishMexicutioner View Post
Hey Guys,

So i just started salmon fishing this year for the first time, And i have been reading a lot about the pro troll flashers with the echip so i got a couple of them and a few other flashers. The only problem i got is that i have never rigged one up and I'm not sure how to set one up. I am just wondering how to rig a setup with what i got

I have kwikfish, jet divers, and lead weights.. I normally put my kwikfish with a 5ft leader and a foot with my diver

Any ideas on rigs using flashers and what i got..

Any help would be much appreciated

Here's a good starting point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQczQCKE4Kw&t=12s

Thank you All
Retired11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:34 PM   #3
Natester
Chromer

Default Re: Salmon Fishing

Protroll rigging: Heavy snap with a slider in the main line. 24" 80 lbs test Leader before your Protroll then 30- 36'' leader 30lbs test to either a Superbait or a smaller spinner #3.5 or 4.

I like to use 16 oz lead and troll fast so your pole dips up and down from the action of the protroll once for every second. about 1.5 mph

Soft tip to the pole to give the lure action and a line counter reel help. With the 16 oz trolling fast if am marking fish at 30 ft deep my line counter is about 55-58 ft out, double the distance and the bring it up just a little bit should get you in the zone..

Good luck this is a fun fishing technique.