The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Community

Notices

Old 03-19-2017, 08:53 AM   #1
Berdink
Steelhead

Default 2 Rods License?

2 Rods License?

I've been out of the fishing sport for 20 years.

What's the deal with this?

Is there any limitations ( areas or fish type ) ?

Berdink is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2017, 08:55 AM   #2
Berdink
Steelhead

Default Re: 2 Rods License?

ODFW extends two-rod fishing to Willamette and tributaries

March 29, 2016

two rods
Anglers who have a two-rod validation will be able to use two rods on the Willamette River and its tributaries this spring under a temporary rule adopted by the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife.
CLACKAMAS, Ore. — Oregon’s popular two-rod fishing validation will be extended to include the Willamette River and its tributaries this spring under temporary rules adopted by the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife.

Effective April 1-July 31, 2016, anglers who have a two-rod validation will be able to use two rods while fishing in waters open to angling for salmon, steelhead, trout, or warmwater game fish in the Willamette River and its tributaries. However, angling for sturgeon remains restricted to a single rod per angler. All other Willamette Zone rules and regulations remain in effect.

Two-rod validations have been available to Oregon anglers for several years. For $21.50, licensed anglers can purchase a validation that allows them to use a second rod in certain locations of the state, primarily ponds and lakes. If you have already purchased a two-rod validation in 2016, it is valid for any waters open to the use of two rods, which now includes the Willamette River and its tributaries. Kids under the age of 12 do not need a validation to use a second rod.

“Anglers have told us they would like the option of being able to use two rods in more areas, and we believe that the Willamette provides a good opportunity”, said Mike Gauvin, manager of ODFW’s recreational fishing program. “In addition to the Willamette, we are considering extending two-rod fishing in 2016 to other flowing waters of the state, including some coastal rivers and bays.” After this trial season, fishery managers will evaluate the effects of the change and consider additional opportunities.

Because the Willamette spring Chinook fishery is managed under a strict quota and Endangered Species Act limits, ODFW will closely monitor the effect of the Willamette rule change and may make adjustments if necessary, though this is not anticipated.

For more information, visit the Regulations Update Page on the ODFW website.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:59 AM   #3
Berdink
Steelhead

Willamette Zone Updates

E-mail Sign UpPlease note: Most recent updates are shown in bold red text.

Revised Jan. 25, 2017

Beginning Feb. 1, 2017, the use of barbed hooks is allowed when fishing for salmon, steelhead, or trout in Willamette River downstream of Willamette Falls (including Multnomah Channel and Gilbert River) and in lower Clackamas River upstream to Highway 99E Bridge.
BARBLESS HOOKS ARE STILL REQUIRED WHEN FISHING FOR SALMON, STEELHEAD, OR TROUT IN THE MAINSTEM COLUMBIA RIVER.
2016 rules that allowed special use of two rods in certain streams in this zone are NOT in effect. Use of two rods is restricted to waters identified in 2017 Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations.
All other rules identified in the 2017 Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations remain in effect.

For more information contact your local ODFW office:

Clackamas (971) 673-6000
Corvallis (541) 757-4186
Springfield (541) 726-3515

Last edited by Berdink; 03-19-2017 at 09:00 AM.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:03 AM   #4
Berdink
Steelhead

Northwest Zone Updates

E-mail Sign UpPlease note: Most recent updates are shown in bold red text.

Revised Feb. 21, 2017

2016 rules that allowed special use of 2 rods in certain streams in this zone are NOT in effect.

Use of 2 rods is restricted to waters identified in 2017 Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations.

Effective February 1, 2017, the use of barbed hooks is allowed when angling for salmon, steelhead, or trout in the following areas:

Within the Youngs Bay Select Area (Clatsop County) from the Highway 101 Bridge upstream to markers at the confluence of the Youngs and Klaskanine rivers, including the lower Lewis and Clark River upstream to the Alternate Highway 101 Bridge and the Walluski River upstream to the Highway 202 Bridge.

Within the Knappa/Blind Slough Select Area (Clatsop County) from markers at the west end of Minaker Island upstream to markers at the mouth of Blind Slough, continuing upstream to the railroad bridge in Blind Slough. See Columbia Zone updates regarding hook regulations for adjacent sections of the Knappa/Blind Slough Select Area site.
BARBLESS HOOKS ARE STILL REQUIRED WHEN ANGLING FOR SALMON, STEELHEAD, OR TROUT IN THE MAINSTEM COLUMBIA RIVER.

All other rules identified in the 2017 Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations remain in effect.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:03 AM   #5
Berdink
Steelhead

Never mind, I just had to do a little more searching and reading.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:15 PM   #6
xstreme357
Sturgeon

lol... weird
Old 03-20-2017, 09:44 AM   #7
Berdink
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstreme357 View Post
lol... weird
Yep, I'm completely fine with carrying on a conversation with myself.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2017, 03:36 PM   #8
AnnaDraMoss
King Salmon

2017 ifish "Best Thread" nomination recipient 🎖

Don't take your eyes off the prize folks!

As long as Our current Rogue Commissioners have a seat, nothing is safe. Our Governor put them there and allowed things to get this far with no push back. I have zero reason to trust her judgement.

Do NOT take your foot off the throttle. Continue to fight until this issue is dead. If you let pressure slip, even for a minute, they will try and weasel thru.

"Flatfish" (nice version)
AnnaDraMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:48 PM   #9
Pensacola
Chromer

Some thoughts about the second rod endorsement!

I have one for both Oregon and Washington (It's just like free money to the states).

I use one rod for catchin' and one for experimenting.

Jigging for Kokes ain't easy with two rods (but fun to watch someone do it).

It keeps you busy especially if a downrigger is involved.

The second rod is best left out of the water during a fast Coho bite.

Lastly.... No matter which rod you're holding the other one will go off!
Old 03-20-2017, 04:03 PM   #10
honker1
Tuna!

I only paid $14.80 for a 2-rod endorsement in Washington. But I had to purchase a Non-resident license. All because I can't get the wife to move to Washington, and I refuse to purchase a Oregon license. And I am a Pioneer.
honker1 is offline   Reply With Quote