Crabbing or Salmon looking for someone with room on a boat - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Open Seats!

Notices

Old 02-06-2017, 08:35 PM   #1
Gesassano11
Fry

Default Crabbing or Salmon looking for someone with room on a boat

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. I am looking for someone who may have room on a boat to crab or salmon fish. We moved here a couple years ago and my 12 year old son started watching youtubes on it to learn. I bought him a salmon reel along with a very small cage type of thing for crabs. We have tried both off of docks. What I would like is for him to experience this on a boat. I really only have Saturdays available. I could do a Sunday morning too. We live in Hillsboro. Currently, I don't have the cash to pay the 3-400 dollars for a guide boat. We see boat from the dock and it is something he has never done - fish or crab of a boat. I know it sounds strange but he always is asking if we could do this on a boat. I am happy to bring crab bait and or help out in any way. I don't have to fish or crab. I just want him to have some fun. It's been somewhat of a hard year. Thanks

Gesassano11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2017, 04:59 PM   #2
Got fish
Steelhead

Default Re: Crabbing or Salmon looking for someone with room on a boat

I may be able to do something later in the year but I usually fish Winchester bay or coos bay. PM me if that might work for you.
Got fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:48 PM   #3
goodhunting
Steelhead

I have heard you can rent a skiff out of Newport for crabbing. Not sure how that would work for salmon. Looks like $60 for 4 hours. $80 for all day.
goodhunting is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2017, 10:04 AM   #4
JeffClinks503
Fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gesassano11 View Post
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. I am looking for someone who may have room on a boat to crab or salmon fish. We moved here a couple years ago and my 12 year old son started watching youtubes on it to learn. I bought him a salmon reel along with a very small cage type of thing for crabs. We have tried both off of docks. What I would like is for him to experience this on a boat. I really only have Saturdays available. I could do a Sunday morning too. We live in Hillsboro. Currently, I don't have the cash to pay the 3-400 dollars for a guide boat. We see boat from the dock and it is something he has never done - fish or crab of a boat. I know it sounds strange but he always is asking if we could do this on a boat. I am happy to bring crab bait and or help out in any way. I don't have to fish or crab. I just want him to have some fun. It's been somewhat of a hard year. Thanks
Run over to Nehalem and rent a boat from Kelly's!
JeffClinks503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 02:00 AM   #5
tknight
Fry

Hello, I have a 15' Smoker Craft Alaskan and have not used it in bays yet but am certainly open to it. I have been out there in my fishing kayak though. I have a couple of crab traps and could definitely use some crab. I also have Sat and Sun to fish as I work all week. I am fishing somewhere every weekend. Why not a day trip for crabbing... Hagg lake trout could be very fun as well for a first boat outing. That's out your way.

PM me..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
tknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:15 PM   #6
moose.706
Steelhead

I may have room next time we go. PM me with what bay you're looking to go out of and your phone number. Maybe we can work something out!
moose.706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 02:49 PM   #7
Angler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got fish View Post
I may be able to do something later in the year but I usually fish Winchester bay or coos bay. PM me if that might work for you.
Hey Sam, The bay has been pretty good for rock fish and crabs, lets take them.....
Old 03-20-2017, 03:36 PM   #8
DJensen
Fry

I am planning on going Friday morning in the Columbia River. I have the day off so boat should be mostly empty, since everyone is working.

Still looks pretty slow this week, but who knows.
DJensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:30 PM   #9
Got fish
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angler View Post
Hey Sam, The bay has been pretty good for rock fish and crabs, lets take them.....
I have at least one more weekend of mechanicing to do before I can break free.
Got fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:45 PM   #10
Gesassano11
Fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose.706 View Post
I may have room next time we go. PM me with what bay you're looking to go out of and your phone number. Maybe we can work something out!

HI, thanks for responding. Sorry this is so late. I'm new to navigating this site. I'm not sure how to PM. I will figure it out. Thanks again!
Gesassano11 is offline   Reply With Quote