North River Scout vs Alumaweld Columbia - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Community

Old 01-28-2017, 07:13 AM   #1
trask55
Cutthroat

Default North River Scout vs Alumaweld Columbia

I will be buying a used boat in the 21-22 foot range soon and am looking at used boats. My question is a Scout comparable to a Columbia. Looking at the specs for both boats they do look very similar. Any input on these two boats would be greatly appreciated along with leads for used boats. I'm leaning toward the Scout.

trask55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2017, 04:55 PM   #2
Proteus503
Steelhead

Default Re: North River Scout vs Alumaweld Columbia

The columbia has a slightly deeper vee (14deg vs 12deg on the scout). I've seen some columbia's with pumps running up some skinny water though.

I have ridden in both and I feel that the Columbia rides better (especially big chop like Astoria on an outgoing tide).

They are both fine vessels.
Proteus503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 04:36 AM   #3
Macgyver
Coho

According to the Alumaweld website they don't offer the Columbia in a 22', either 21' or 23'.

A 21' North River is wider at 102" vs. 101" and has a thicker bottom 1/4" vs. 3/16". If you go 22' is gets even wider at 108"!

I wonder why the open scout in 22'+ is wider than many of their Seahawks and off shore boats, a 27' Seahawk OS S-Series is 102".

I have a scout and love it, but if I didn't run skinny water on occasion a Columbia would be on the list to consider.
Macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2017, 02:05 PM   #4
Something Good
Sturgeon

There's no comparison. If you're wanting a big sled for big water the Scout is a beast.

"If you see a good fight get in it" Reverand Vernon Johns
Something Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:11 PM   #5
trask55
Cutthroat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgyver View Post
According to the Alumaweld website they don't offer the Columbia in a 22', either 21' or 23'.

A 21' North River is wider at 102" vs. 101" and has a thicker bottom 1/4" vs. 3/16". If you go 22' is gets even wider at 108"!

I wonder why the open scout in 22'+ is wider than many of their Seahawks and off shore boats, a 27' Seahawk OS S-Series is 102".

I have a scout and love it, but if I didn't run skinny water on occasion a Columbia would be on the list to consider.
Macgyver what size scout do you have, length and bottom width? What skinny water have you run with your Scout?
Old 01-29-2017, 02:23 PM   #6
trask55
Cutthroat

More info on what I'm looking for in a boat and why I think a Scout or Columbia is what I should be looking at. I will only use the boat on the Columbia occasionally and only when the conditions are not going to be really rough. Most of the time will be spent in Tillamook and Nehalem Bays, Willamette along with a few trips each year to the Lewis and Cowlitz. Want to make sure I buy a boat that will handle the big water but still not so big I'll get into trouble running some skinny water too within reason. Think either boat in the 21' size should get me home safely.
Old 01-29-2017, 02:52 PM   #7
basin212
Steelhead

Quote:

Beam width really doesn't tell you much, bottom width is the real room maker in a boat. I can build a boat with a 72" bottom and a 108" beam but it will feel small and tippy compared to a 84" bottom boat. Any one can flair the side plate out. In OS style boat the straighter the side plates the less unstable a boat will be.
basin212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:21 PM   #8
chromer
Chromer

Quote:

Doesn't anything over 102" (8.5') require an over-dimension permit on Oregon roads?

North Coast Salmon Rendezvous
chromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:37 PM   #9
Mark Youngblood Sportfishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by trask55 View Post
I will be buying a used boat in the 21-22 foot range soon and am looking at used boats. My question is a Scout comparable to a Columbia. Looking at the specs for both boats they do look very similar. Any input on these two boats would be greatly appreciated along with leads for used boats. I'm leaning toward the Scout.

I have a 26.5 ft Columbia and run the Cowlitz with my jet..not really a comparison but if you want a test ride just give me a shout and we can try and coordinate ...not sure how many used Columbias you will find since they have only been out a few years...Scouts are very nice boats as well...doubt you could go wrong with either...good luck
Mark Youngblood Sportfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:17 AM   #10
FatRap
Steelhead

I bought a 21 Columbia last year, it's propped no pump but love the boat. Absolutely no complaints of any kind so far. Live in Eastern Wa. where the wind blows on rare occasion's and run the Columbia for the most part, handles the chop nicely. Taking it to Port Angeles and Neah this summer so will see how that goes.
There were a couple used 23's on the board here that looked to be pretty well appointed.
FatRap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:34 AM   #11
B Dog
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basin212 View Post
Beam width really doesn't tell you much, bottom width is the real room maker in a boat. I can build a boat with a 72" bottom and a 108" beam but it will feel small and tippy compared to a 84" bottom boat. Any one can flair the side plate out. In OS style boat the straighter the side plates the less unstable a boat will be.

Both are nice boats. Also realize a thicker bottom metal may be thicker but the thinner material may be a harder material. The heavier boat does make it ride better in chop.
B Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:38 AM   #12
DogZilla15
King Salmon

I know nothing about the Scout so can't say anything about them. The Columbia, Willie Raptor and River Wild, all have a similar hull design that requires less horsepower than lots of other boats. Cody Herman's 23 Columbia in the classifieds is running a 150, it's a real nice boat and I'm sure he was never wanting for more horsepower. I run a 150 E-Tec on my 22 River Wild (same basic hull) and I've got more power than I know what to do with. Be aware we're both running props.

Less initial cost with smaller motors along with fuel savings down the road. I can fish five days at B-10, running from 10 to Tongue Point and everywhere in between on less than 30 gallons of fuel. That's around $25 a day buying the expensive fuel on the dock.
DogZilla15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:38 AM   #13
PD Fisher
Coho

I have been in a couple of scouts and they have been amazing. If I was in the market for an open boat they would be a top choice of mine
PD Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:55 AM   #14
SHJunky
Tuna!

Both are great boats but comparing a Scout with a Columbia is apples and oranges in my opinion.

A scout compares more closely with a Super Vee. At least the ones I've been around.

Scouts are great boats and seem well built. The interior side height and transom height is going to be less on a Scout which personally I don't care for. Way less than a Columbia and slightly less than a SuperVee.

Also, I just don't care for the way most Scouts are configured inside. most of the one's I've seen just don't seem set up well for serious fisherman. For all you Scout lovers don't get your panties in a bunch. It's just one guys personal opinion.

Alumaweld has it pretty dialed for a production boat.

Also, the price tag on a Scout is just dumb in my opinion in comparison to other brands. I don't know how they sell those things other than to NorthRiver honks. I know you are looking at used but the price must trickle down.

Lastly, if you are planning to run a pump, do yourself a favor and do NOT believe that a 150 fourstroke is enough power no matter how much they try and convince you. It's find with a prop but if you are going to run pump step up to a 175 minimum.

Good luck.
SHJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:58 AM   #15
Prawnold Reagan
Coho

Trask55 -

I have a 21' Scout, and fish the same waters as you described. I absolutely love my boat for its versatility. I can run the Clack at 12'5" safely... I can also put the prop on and fish Astoria for 14 days, although I have had days where I was wishing for and extra 6' of boat (and a windshield) at Astoria.

It's an excellent "do anything" boat for our rivers.

I've never been in a Columbia, so no intel there.

Good Luck
Prawnold Reagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:21 AM   #16
trask55
Cutthroat

Thanks for all the input. I know finding a 21' used Columbia is going to be difficult and Scouts in 21' are just as difficult to find used. I have found a 2005 22' Scout which has the 84" bottom and pump pad. Has a Yamaha 225 4 stroke pump with SS impeller and tiller steering. Trolling motor is a Yamaha 9.9 4 stroke. Has 4 seats on boxes, Lowrance DF with GPS (don't know model), dual batteries, washdown pump, tandem trailer. Haven't laid eyes on the boat yet but hope to this coming weekend. They are asking $36k, private party. What is this boat worth knowing only what you see here?
Old 01-30-2017, 12:21 PM   #17
SHJunky
Tuna!

That could be a fair price but it really depends on condition, hours, trailer etc.

I have a good friend does aluminum repair and fabrication. He says it breaks his heart when guys spend 30K on a boat and then bring to him only to find out the hull is too far gone from electrolysis, etc.

Go into it with eyes wide open and look at a lot more than the condition of the floor and seats. If I was spending that kind of coin on an 12 year old sled I'd be having it check out thoroughly.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:00 PM   #18
ANDYCOHO
Sturgeon

Default North River Scout vs Alumaweld Columbia

I own a 23-foot Columbia with a 175. After owning a 20, 25 & 21 Super Vee's; this Columbia is a totally different boat. I ran a friends Scout for many years with him and I would have to agree with what was posted above: a Scout compares more closely to a Super Vee, than a Columbia.

I run a prop from April to October and a pump the rest of the year. The boat performs great in both configurations, I run the Sandy and Clackamas regularly and also idle through coastal tidewaters (and slightly above).

While I went through multiple shoes on all my previous Super Vee's, I've yet to bump bottom on the Columbia; and I'm definitely not running the boat any different or less than the SV's. Personally I believe the boat runs shallower due to the Delta Pad at the transom, but I have no proof except a intact spare shoe.

The 175 @ WOT with pump the boat gets onto plane within a boat-length-and-a-half with a full crew, a little more than my SV's, but not overly noticeable. Speed tops out at 40-mph with the pump.

With the propeller it jumps onto plane within a boat length (if not less) and tops out at 52-mph.

The biggest surprise to the Columbia and 175 combo, is the fuel savings. By far the most efficient combo I've owned. Average burn at B-10 was 5- to 6-gallons a day, while my Pacific and all other SV's were right at 12-gallons a day.

I truly love seeing a variety of boats on the water, and showrooms, and seeing how each manufacturer pursues how to make their boats preform better for different waters. For my style of fishing the Columbia is a good mix of everything I want in a boat (for right now). Is there a bad boat on the water right now?

Skippering:'The Retriever' & 'ANDYCOHO'
NON-Guided Adventures!
ANDYCOHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:13 PM   #19
Something Good
Sturgeon

Quote:
Thanks for all the input. I know finding a 21' used Columbia is going to be difficult and Scouts in 21' are just as difficult to find used. I have found a 2005 22' Scout which has the 84" bottom and pump pad. Has a Yamaha 225 4 stroke pump with SS impeller and tiller steering. Trolling motor is a Yamaha 9.9 4 stroke. Has 4 seats on boxes, Lowrance DF with GPS (don't know model), dual batteries, washdown pump, tandem trailer. Haven't laid eyes on the boat yet but hope to this coming weekend. They are asking $36k, private party. What is this boat worth knowing only what you see here?
Keep in mind the issues yamaha had if the 225 engine is also a 2005.

http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t=429931

"If you see a good fight get in it" Reverand Vernon Johns
Something Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:32 AM   #20
trask55
Cutthroat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Something Good View Post
Keep in mind the issues yamaha had if the 225 engine is also a 2005.

http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t=429931
Glad I joined this site. I had no idea there was any history of problems with the Yamaha 225's. May still go look at the boat but will pay close attention to the big motor thanks to Something Good!!
Old 02-16-2017, 07:56 PM   #21
trask55
Cutthroat

I've now been to the boat and sportsman shows looking at all the possibilities and have convinced myself that a 21' Columbia is the ticket to do the kind of fishing I want and return home safely. It's looking like a used 21' Columbia is going to be near impossible to find so the only other option is to do without or buy new and doing without is out of the question. Since I'll be fishing on a wide variety of water I will want a pump instead of a prop. I'm sure that as I have more time to fish in retirement I will want to give everything a go so don't want to skimp on the HP but don't want to pay more for something that isn't needed. The question now is a 250HP Optimax pump too much motor for a 21' Columbia??
Old 02-16-2017, 08:35 PM   #22
Hookset
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHJunky View Post
That could be a fair price but it really depends on condition, hours, trailer etc.

I have a good friend does aluminum repair and fabrication. He says it breaks his heart when guys spend 30K on a boat and then bring to him only to find out the hull is too far gone from electrolysis, etc.

Go into it with eyes wide open and look at a lot more than the condition of the floor and seats. If I was spending that kind of coin on an 12 year old sled I'd be having it check out thoroughly.
Great advice if buying a used boat. Everything that really matters on a used boat is what you can't see hidden under floor boards, compartments and paint. And don't think a newer used boat won't have any problems. Until the entire boat is checked over, you'll never know for sure.

Also, I wouldn't limit yourself to just those two models and brands, there are other boats you should be considering, too.
Hookset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:27 PM   #23
redneckty1
Ifish Nate

I test drive both in the last 6 months. Along with 25' versions of both. Both boats are narrower then I wanted I test drove two 8' bottom boats as well. I ended up putting a deposit on a river wild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
redneckty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:40 PM   #24
xstreme357
Sturgeon

Any reason you aren't considering a Willie? Several nice used ones on the market currently.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:54 AM   #25
DogZilla15
King Salmon

Trask: That's way too much motor. I have a 150 on my 22 X 8 RW and it flies. The Columbia has a similar hull design as does the Willie Raptor. Other hull designs require more hp because they don't sit as flat on the water.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:31 AM   #26
SHJunky
Tuna!

175 Opti Pro would be ideal on that boat. Great motor, ton's of tork. Smaller block = great fuel consumption.

I run that motor on my 23' and I have to remind myself to get fuel because I only need it every 4-5 trips typically.

If you plan on doing any kind of backbouncing or plug pulling you should serious consider the overall size profile of the 250 versus the 175. The 250 is a huge motor sitting back there and in my opinion takes up way too much real estate.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:02 PM   #27
Hookset
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogZilla15 View Post
Trask: That's way too much motor. I have a 150 on my 22 X 8 RW and it flies. The Columbia has a similar hull design as does the Willie Raptor. Other hull designs require more hp because they don't sit as flat on the water.
Not for a pump. A pump is extremely inefficient, you'll want maximum HP if running one. How much more though...... at least 200hp if not 225, maybe more... You could always ask the manufacturer to see what they recommend.
Hookset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 07:10 PM   #28
trask55
Cutthroat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHJunky View Post
175 Opti Pro would be ideal on that boat. Great motor, ton's of tork. Smaller block = great fuel consumption.

I run that motor on my 23' and I have to remind myself to get fuel because I only need it every 4-5 trips typically.

If you plan on doing any kind of backbouncing or plug pulling you should serious consider the overall size profile of the 250 versus the 175. The 250 is a huge motor sitting back there and in my opinion takes up way too much real estate.
Interesting you would suggest a 175 because that's exactly what I've concluded is the motor to get. A 250 did seem like it might be overkill.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:26 PM   #29
trask55
Cutthroat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstreme357 View Post
Any reason you aren't considering a Willie? Several nice used ones on the market currently.
I don't have anything against Willie boats but after seeing everyones boats at the shows and talking to countless owners including several guides I narrowed my choices down to the Scout and Columbia with the Columbia coming out on top.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:42 PM   #30
Mark Youngblood Sportfishing

Quote:
I don't have anything against Willie boats but after seeing everyones boats at the shows and talking to countless owners including several guides I narrowed my choices down to the Scout and Columbia with the Columbia coming out on top.
I had a 20 ft Super V lt with a 200 2 stroke merc (lighter boat 6 degree bottom)....I NEVER felt over powered at all...a few times at Buoy 10 I wished I had more...lol... I only ran it as a pump...I would not be afraid to put a 225 opti on it at all...also might want to consider running a prop as well for big river fishing (typically when you buy a motor the prop comes with it and you pay extra for a jet)... I would put what ever the manufacture max HP is on the boat if I could... I am sure a 175 OPTI would be sufficient but I like power when needed...I rarely run my boats at full throttle ....I would talk to Eric Stevens and see what he thinks...good luck!
Mark Youngblood Sportfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:22 PM   #31
B Dog
Tuna!

Quote:
Interesting you would suggest a 175 because that's exactly what I've concluded is the motor to get. A 250 did seem like it might be overkill.
A buddy of mine guides on the Cowlitz with a 22' Super Vee. It had a 200 VMAX 2 stroke and it was a dog so he needed to move up to a 250 SHO. The Super Vee is a lighter boat than the Columbia and with a pump I would really consider going with the bigger Outboard. I run another buddys 20' Super Vee with a pump 150 Optimax and it feels very under powered compared to my 25RW with a 250. Run a prop and less motor will would be fine.
B Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:29 AM   #32
Stillcreek
Steelhead

Spot on. I too have a Scout and have been looking at the Columbia. A couple of thing to consider. The Columbia will be better in big water and dryer but I've heard also will get blown around more with those big sides.

QUOTE=SHJunky;13651089]Both are great boats but comparing a Scout with a Columbia is apples and oranges in my opinion.

A scout compares more closely with a Super Vee. At least the ones I've been around.

Scouts are great boats and seem well built. The interior side height and transom height is going to be less on a Scout which personally I don't care for. Way less than a Columbia and slightly less than a SuperVee.

Also, I just don't care for the way most Scouts are configured inside. most of the one's I've seen just don't seem set up well for serious fisherman. For all you Scout lovers don't get your panties in a bunch. It's just one guys personal opinion.

Alumaweld has it pretty dialed for a production boat.

Also, the price tag on a Scout is just dumb in my opinion in comparison to other brands. I don't know how they sell those things other than to NorthRiver honks. I know you are looking at used but the price must trickle down.

Lastly, if you are planning to run a pump, do yourself a favor and do NOT believe that a 150 fourstroke is enough power no matter how much they try and convince you. It's find with a prop but if you are going to run pump step up to a 175 minimum.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]
Old 02-23-2017, 08:36 AM   #33
mainer
Steelhead

Do they make these sleds with an off shore bracket?
Old 02-23-2017, 08:52 AM   #34
DogZilla15
King Salmon

If you buy off the lot, you get few options to customize. I'd go with someone who will build to your specifications so you don't have to settle for something less than the boat you really want.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:51 AM   #35
Fish mojo
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainer View Post
Do they make these sleds with an off shore bracket?
I've seen the NR Osprey which is done as an open center console boat with a Seahawk hull and off shore motor bracket. I think I saw Alumaweld Pacific same configuration at the Sportsman show. Cool boats both of them.
"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
Fish mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:52 AM   #36
Yellow North River
Steelhead

I have a 22' X 84" NR Scout that I custom Ordered in 2005, I would not change a thing in the boat.
It is a open boat buy good rain gear, I have pulled the floors 2 time looks great.

I run a 225 4stroke Yamaha that Yamaha replaced the power head under warranty.
I have a pump and a prop lower unit. I can fish 5 in the boat all day and not have any problems.

One person in the fishing group has a 22.5' Raptor and another has a 20' River Wild they are all great boats. It just comes down to what you want

Thanks...It is hard to belive I have had this boat for 12 years I have 350hours on the big motor and 3500 on the T8
Old 02-23-2017, 11:43 AM   #37
trask55
Cutthroat

Quote:
I ended up ordering a 21' Columbia with a 175 Optimax tiller pump and a 9.9 prokicker for delivery in May. Now looking at adding a TR1 but wanted to know how they interface with fishfinder/gps units. Is the TR1 always controlled with the remote or can you plot a course from your fishfinder. Will be using the TR1 for trolling mostly and am really interested in the ability for it to become a virtual anchor. Do you need it connected to a fish finder to use the TR1 as a virtual anchor or can it be done with the remote only??
Old 02-23-2017, 12:48 PM   #38
Fish mojo
Ifish Nate

Quote:
I ended up ordering a 21' Columbia with a 175 Optimax tiller pump and a 9.9 prokicker for delivery in May. Now looking at adding a TR1 but wanted to know how they interface with fishfinder/gps units. Is the TR1 always controlled with the remote or can you plot a course from your fishfinder. Will be using the TR1 for trolling mostly and am really interested in the ability for it to become a virtual anchor. Do you need it connected to a fish finder to use the TR1 as a virtual anchor or can it be done with the remote only??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1si3gtM7QUg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICfKmjYlTC0
"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
Old 02-23-2017, 02:24 PM   #39
Tanner
Sturgeon

I use my TR1 for back trolling a lot which, sometimes if there is not a lot of traffic, I guess I am kind of using it as a virtual anchor. I do not have it integrated with my GPS. If you are trying to use it as an anchor in the current however, keep in mind that it will not keep you perfectly straight. You will need to be constantly making adjustments to stay on a spot.

Team Motion Marine Outback Fishing Machine Division)
Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:47 AM   #40
FatRap
Steelhead

Congratulations on your purchase! I have a 21 Columbia as well I don't think your going to be disappointed in the least bit. As has been said by other I have friends with Willies etc. and there all, I consider very well built and beautiful boats but nothing I have been in walks away from the crowd, it's a personal preference thing. I purchased used for a cpl reasonsand the incredible deal I found so for myself it was an easy decision. The higher sides on the Columbia give me a little better piece of mind while I have my young, curious about everything son aboard but with that being said I have noticed it does get pushed around a little more in the wind, good thing is it never blows in Eastern Washington. I have found where the TR-1 shines for me as well is back trolling in current. It allows me to get up, move around and do things I normally couldn't do otherwise as I suck horribly at multi tasking. Boat wakes through it into a panic so I try and take it out of auto to minimize the back and fourth. I cant usually keep my hands off the tiller anyway it's just a force of habit, like counting out pulls when I am using a line counter reel wth?
Enjoy your new ride and please post some pics of it when you take ownership!
FatRap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:05 AM   #41
Fish mojo
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatRap View Post
Congratulations on your purchase! I have a 21 Columbia as well I don't think your going to be disappointed in the least bit. As has been said by other I have friends with Willies etc. and there all, I consider very well built and beautiful boats but nothing I have been in walks away from the crowd, it's a personal preference thing. I purchased used for a cpl reasonsand the incredible deal I found so for myself it was an easy decision. The higher sides on the Columbia give me a little better piece of mind while I have my young, curious about everything son aboard but with that being said I have noticed it does get pushed around a little more in the wind, good thing is it never blows in Eastern Washington. I have found where the TR-1 shines for me as well is back trolling in current. It allows me to get up, move around and do things I normally couldn't do otherwise as I suck horribly at multi tasking. Boat wakes through it into a panic so I try and take it out of auto to minimize the back and fourth. I cant usually keep my hands off the tiller anyway it's just a force of habit, like counting out pulls when I am using a line counter reel wth?

Take a look at the Norm's fin for the kicker. Specifically addresses TR-1 control in wakes and reducing the back and forth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7aNAgxUkNc
Old 02-24-2017, 08:15 AM   #42
Tanner
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatRap View Post
Learn to set the Sea State on your TR-1 to the lowest setting and it will minimize a good amount of the frantic back and forth. You should have it set fairly low to minimize that anyway. Too much of that will wear out the pump.

Team Motion Marine Outback Fishing Machine Division)
Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:51 AM   #43
bradly11
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow North River View Post
I have a 22' X 84" NR Scout that I custom Ordered in 2005, I would not change a thing in the boat.
It is a open boat buy good rain gear, I have pulled the floors 2 time looks great.

I run a 225 4stroke Yamaha that Yamaha replaced the power head under warranty.
I have a pump and a prop lower unit. I can fish 5 in the boat all day and not have any problems.

One person in the fishing group has a 22.5' Raptor and another has a 20' River Wild they are all great boats. It just comes down to what you want

Thanks...It is hard to belive I have had this boat for 12 years I have 350hours on the big motor and 3500 on the T8

I think I have seen you on the river.
Is your boat yellow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bradly11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 04:21 PM   #44
trask55
Cutthroat

The videos really cleared things up for me on how the TR1 works with a fish finder/gps. Now I understand why many with the TR1 have it connected to a gps unit and have a second fish finder unit. Any recommendations for a starter fish finder/gps combo unit for a TR1??? Looking for something pretty easy to use and also not need reading glasses to use it.