Cultus Lake Trout report - www.ifish.net

Trout Yak!
Trout & Kokanee Fishing with Buzz Ramsey

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Trout Yak! Trout & Kokanee Fishing

Old 08-23-2006, 07:52 PM   #1
troutski
Bull Trout

Default Cultus Lake Trout report

I spent the last 10 days at Cultus lake trolling and pitching lure's and was suprized at the population of Rainbow Trout in the lake. I knew it had Lake Trout but had no idea of the size and numbers of Rainbows. Fishing the reefs and points with small spoons and spinners produced Rainbows in the teens and trolling produced Lake trout upwards of 2 pounds. Early morning and evening were the best, you had to work hard to get around the water rec. people but once you did....oh my !! Tried a couple of other lakes in the area but kept coming back to Cultus, it's hard to turn your head on success. Big Lava Lake was slow to be sure, alot of boat traffic but very few fish. Seems like everyone read the storie about the 20#er. Fished Wickiup in the evening and received some blessings from the Brook Trout god, those are some stumpy fish. 17" but 5#'s of fish. Funny how those fish can allmost be wider than long....great trip and thanks to fish-on-bend, have a cooler of fresh trout.

troutski is offline   Reply With Quote