IFish Fishing Forum banner

Anyone remember Jerry Clower??

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  bassfishingnw 
#1 ·
I was fumbling through some of my old tapes (yes I still have some cassette tapes :help: ) today and ran across some old Jerry Clower comedy tapes that I forgot I had. I started listening to them...what a hoot that guy is!! :laugh: :laugh: I've forgotten how much I enjoyed his hilarious stories. Growing up as a country boy in Southern IL, I used to listen to him on my dad's old records. Great backwoods humor if you ask me :grin:

If you listened to him, you'll never forget the Ledbetter family: Ardell, Burnell, Raynell, WL, Lenell, Odell, Eudel, Marcell, Claude, Newgene, Clovis, Aunt Pat, and Uncle Versey.

Not to mention the **** huntin' story..."Knock him out John!!" :laugh: :laugh:

I got on Rhapsody (the music file share program that I use) and downloaded some of his stuff this morning. I've been laughing all morning!!!

-jokester

#3 ·
"And they gave Marcell the beer joint."

Some of the best, non vulgar comic material around. You need to listen to all of it to get the small quick ones that are some of the best.

"Like the time the lights went out at the Ledbetter house during dinner :food:, and then Uncle Versey lets out a scream. Lights come back on and Uncle Versey has his hand on the last piece of chicken and there are 5 forks in the back of his hand."

#4 ·
Yea I'm old enough to remember old Jerry, and that holler he had.--------- knock him out john, heard that one many times.
DAB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.