Woe is me and the BB - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Archives > Ifish 2000 archives

Old 06-07-2000, 07:05 AM   #1
Jennie@ifish
AdminiMom

Default Woe is me and the BB

If it is not one thing, it is three others.
I just spent mega money at the vets and came home to this:
-----
Hello,

You are receiving this because you either currently have an Ultimate Bulletin
Board leased license or you did at one time. We have recently made changes to
our pricing plans that may affect you.

On May 15th, 2000, we stopped selling leased UBB licenses. Currently, only non
expiring licenses are available. The only UBB license rate, thus, is now $199.
We want to be fair to our many lease-holders, however, who may not be able to
afford such a steep price jump.

For a LIMITED TIME, we are allowing current and former UBB lease-holders to convert
their leased license to a non expiring license at a reduced rate of $109 (a $90
discount off the current rate). This offer will expire at 5 PM on June 29th.
After that time, if you have a leased license that expires and wish to keep
using your UBB, you will have to pay the full non expiring license rate (again,
currently $199).

When you convert a lease, the lease will be voided and replaced by a brand new
non expiring license, with a new, full year of access to the UBB Members Area
(for upgrades).

Thus, this is an excellent opportunity to lock in your UBB at a big discount.

This will be our only email notification to you, so we encourage you to act before
the offer deadline expires.

For those of you with leases who purchased a $199 license between May 15th and
now, we will gladly refund $90 of your payment, if you contact us before June
29th, as well. If you fall into that category, simply email us at ordering@infopop.com
with your old lease info, your $199 license info, and your contact info so we
can notify you.

To take advantage of the limited-time offer to lease-holders, visit:
http://www.ultimatebb.com/home/leaseconvert.html

Again, after 5 PM June 29, this discount will no longer apply.

If you are no longer using your UBB, we apologize for the inconvenience of this
email!

Sincerely,

Ted O'Neill
CEO, Infopop Corporation
Ultimate BUlletin Board: http://www.ultimatebb.com
-----
So, I don't know what to do!
Hopefully, I can get the money by next month.
Iv got a dog here that can't stand up very well, and I am stressed to the hilt. I haven't slept well in three nights, sleeping on the floor with my dog.
ARGH!!
Anyway, hang in there with me.
Tell me if you like this BB, or if you want to go back to the old one. This is a one time fee, and then I own it, I guess. It's all new to me. I feel kind of ticked that they led me to believe I could renew the lease in a year, but thats biz I guess.
Well, feed back, please.....

Jen

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Whoo hooo! What a Ride!”

Jennie@ifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2000, 07:27 AM   #2
marko
Steelhead

Default Re: Woe is me and the BB

jennie, I'll contribute $20 whewre do I send the check?
Marko
Member #131
Tight Lines
marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2000, 07:35 AM   #3
Jeffhead
Chromer

Roger that,
I'll chip in to!!!!! What's the address!!!! This BB is much better than the old one.
Old 06-07-2000, 08:13 AM   #4
Jennie@ifish
AdminiMom

You are turning my frown upside down!
(BTW, the vet just told me I should put Hershey to sleep if he could hurt himself. Darnit..... what do I do? Is he that bad? I don't know! He trips and is wobbly.
Back to biz....I can't think about the dog thing for any amount of time.
I would love it if we could all chip in and divide the amount evenly, including me, since I get tons of info off the board, just like you do.
I don't know how to do that, though. I have been warned not to put my address on the net, but what the heck. A handful of ten dollar donations would make this decision a whole lot easier to swallow as I do think this BB is really nice.

(checks payable to Jennie Logsdon Martin)

Please do not send more than 5 or ten dollars.

If I get an overflow, I will be extremely embarassed and divvy up the money and send it back! (or buy a Alumaweld Jet sled)

Jen
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Whoo hooo! What a Ride!”

Old 06-07-2000, 08:25 AM   #5
Deleted User

I'm in...
Old 06-07-2000, 08:57 AM   #6
Bait O' Eggs
King Salmon

You will have a check in a day or two.

Old 06-07-2000, 09:52 AM   #7
RW
Steelhead

I will put my check in the mail today also. I do enjoy the DB, thanks Jen. Now about your four legged friend, look in his eyes. What is he telling YOU. I put my 16 year old friend down last June, have never regretted it. I looked in her eyes and she told me it was time.
RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2000, 10:37 AM   #8
Jeffhead
Chromer

Jen,
Many years ago when my wife and I were first together we picked up two kittens (that were brothers). Well those cats were with us through 4 different places and lots of fun and frolic. My wifes cat (Bozzie) was the first to die and the doctor said it was from congenital heart desease, well within about a month of him passing my cat (Bro) started getting the same symtems and was pretty weak. We fixed a special dinner and he slept with me that night. The next day I took him had him put down, the doctor was cool enough to let me take him and we buried him on the hillside behind our house. I used to go up on the hill and "visit" with him once in a while. That was one of the hardest things I have ever done as they were our "first kids", but looking back it was the right thing to do. Pray for guidence and you will know what the right thing to do is.
Tight lines, Jeff
Old 06-07-2000, 12:25 PM   #9
PeterMac
Tuna!

Wow, you have made a lot of good friends through this BB, lot's of support! My check is in the mail, and it doesn't sound like you'll be short on the bill.

Things will work out for the best on the dog. Try and imagine his perspective, and you'll know what is the right thing to do (RW's advice).

I know it is the last thing you want to think about, but don't bother refunding me any money if you exceed what you need. Buy him a good steak, or keep it for when the day comes that you are ready to get a puppy (if it comes to that, but I hope it doesn't).

Take care
Petermac

Team No-Hangover, Jan 2, 2006.
PeterMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2000, 12:55 PM   #10
Jennie@ifish
AdminiMom

Wow! Can't talk long, just got back from Memaloose for two hours. HAD TO GET OUT! Anyway, got a tail wag and a kiss from Hershey when I got home!!!! He is still falling down though. He's outside now, and I have to go find him, but just wanted to say.... WOW! Thanks guys!
Interesting topic, but I am just deciding not to go with a large company that wants to go in together with ifish. They promised me money.... but ifish would lose its design and hominess.... I am feeling more and more certain I am doing the right thing. What a neat deal! A comunity run fishing project! I love it!!!!
Oh.... BTW, 3 fish caught, one John Krawdhoffer...(SP??), one Tim Juarez, and one someone I don't know.. None for Jennie, but I still have a live dog friend!

Old 06-07-2000, 02:04 PM   #11
dawhunt
Ifish Nate

Hi Jen,Ive got a dalmation thats haveing trouble staying up,its his rear hips.He's 14 years old so,I know what your going thru he's my best friend.Also I will get a money order in the morning for $10.00 and it will be in the morning mail.Hang in there!!.

------------------
Bob Dawson
Bob Dawson #52
Life time member CCA
dawhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2000, 02:37 PM   #12
Deleted User

Hi Jen. What a powerful mixed emotion thread! I am so glad to see immediate support for keeping this improved BB program! I loved it right from the start; such that I sent you a contribution right after the installation because I use it more than anyone and because I know it cost you plenty. So glad to see other worthy contributions to help! And thanks again for all your efforts to keep the BB and all of Ifish going! -- Reading about having to part with pets touches me. I have parted with several loved cats thru the years and it's always tough. We just got our first puppy recently. It was a difficult decision for a number of reasons; not the least of which was that I knew I would fall in love with "Bailey", and all the family has already, and that he would have to leave us too soon, leaving us hurting. I have read articles and watched a piece on "20/20" about the intense grief people endure for a while when having to put down their loved friend. Those thoughts played heavily upon my mind in the decision to share life with Bailey. When I talked to you on the phone about it you offered a meaningful cliche'- "It is better to have loved and lost than not to have loved". True. And we all will have the amount of time together that God has planned for our canine friends. With much care, Steve

[This message has been edited by RT (edited 06-07-2000).]
Old 06-07-2000, 03:21 PM   #13
Jennie@ifish
AdminiMom

Wahhhhhhh sob! I mean.... Gosh thanks guys! I mean..... snuffle, sniffff.....
I don't know.... I have PMS.

Old 06-07-2000, 03:32 PM   #14
Deleted User

Hey Jen, can you tell me more about what PMS feels like? I think I might have it too. Maybe something to do with what I had removed? And cheer up friend. The sunshine always returns! Figuratively and literally. - RT
Old 06-07-2000, 04:13 PM   #15
Jennie@ifish
AdminiMom

Well, lets see, it's like... well... its like..... um..... I forget.. Its like Oh no! I'm losing my memory! Im getting Old! R.T, do I look fat? Tell me I don't look fat! (break into tears) YOU SAID I WAS FAT!
I suppose now you think I am fat AND old! Look in the mirror, you said I was! AND I AM!
Oh yeah, what is PMS like? I don't know...I get really confused about it. And I am not fat! I am hungry though. Got any chips and doughnuts?
I have to go now. I need to cry some more.

Old 06-07-2000, 04:51 PM   #16
Deleted User

Holy cow! So that's what it's like? You imagine that people have called you fat? (Just for the record I didn't). Then I do think I may have it, because everyone in my family seems to be calling me fat since I put this pot belly on. I started another attempt at the Slim Fast diet yesterday. They LIE! A tasty "satisfying" shake. Ya, right. And you have to bring up chips and donuts, so now I have to fight off that urge. -- *** Does anyone want to start an Ifish weight loss support group? We would have to post our current weight, under anonymous moniker if prefered, and post it about twice a month when you see me post mine under weightloss update. I'm taking the jump right now to put pressure on myself to lose the weight by exposing the "truth" and listing my weight here, and either become proud or embarrassed publicly with the results. In the last few years I've gone from 6' 3" and 215 lbs. to .... mid 240's...ouch! I want to lose 30 lbs. before Halloween. I'll let you know how I do. Anyone else who thinks they need to lose some weight here's your chance to jump in and post your weight and goals publicly to help support you thru it! - RT
Old 06-07-2000, 07:44 PM   #17
dawhunt
Ifish Nate

RT,it can be done.I weighed myself yesterday morning 215 down from 254,took me three months.Good LUCK and don't give up.Did somebody mentioned icecream and cookies UMMMMM !!!!!.

------------------
Bob Dawson
Bob Dawson #52
Life time member CCA
dawhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2000, 08:54 PM   #18
Deleted User

Way to go Bob! Congrats. Let us know what diet you used. Any healthy tips from anyone would be welcome (here or in e-mail). Thanks. -- And I didn't mean to change the subject Jen. The idea just sort of popped out. Anything more about the BB or human's best friends (loved dogs) or diet advice (for those like me that need it) is welcome. Make it a 3 subject post. Seems to happen a lot to many posts I guess. - RT
Old 06-07-2000, 11:15 PM   #19
Deleted User

Jen, Slow snail or fast piegon, my check will be in the mail. keep up the good work. I have learned alot from this BB. Thank you. Fish on.

------------------
Guardsman
Old 06-07-2000, 11:17 PM   #20
Osprey
Tuna!

jen my check will be their my this weekend nuff bout that ...our pets are our children we have a 90lb chocolate lab she's getting up there her hips bother her and such I don't envy you in any way .I had to put down my best friend a few years back a wonder fishing companion named Ayla a beautiful german shepard that never complained, I miss her still ...man it's been over 10 years I can't beleive it .We must put our own needs behind those that we love...hang in there..I'll pray for you and you're friend take care
Old 06-08-2000, 05:07 AM   #21
Fish mojo
Tuna!

10 bucks on the way. C'mon guys!!! Let's kick it in gear and keep the site goin'. Good luck, Jen!!!
"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
Fish mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2000, 08:49 AM   #22
Osprey
Tuna!

RT I'm in with you on the FatBoys club at 6' 209 I'm ready, although still recovering from back problems...it's no excuse though,If I get any fatter I'll need a bigger cataraft...I think I'm PMSing any suggestions for readers on whats working for them would help

------------------
Row quietly and fish a Cataraft !!
-------<'))>><

[This message has been edited by Osprey (edited 06-08-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Osprey (edited 06-08-2000).]
Old 06-08-2000, 09:58 AM   #23
Jennie@ifish
AdminiMom

Seriously, the only three ways to lose weight:

The stress diet: Have multiple close relationships severed by death or divorce. Not a fun one, but it worked for me
The Love diet: Fall in love and have the courtship last for months. (Beware: shortly after the success of this diet comes the love crash... Sitting around and being so happy and proceeding to cook and eat everything wonderful, because life is wonderful. The result is the pounds come back fast and furious.
The vegetable diet: This one really works and is the best. I found from experience that if you eat the USRDA amount of vegetables and fruits, (and I mean ALL) you will have little room to stuff yourself with other things. It's the truth! PLUS you feel alot better!
Jen

Old 06-08-2000, 10:25 AM   #24
Bait O' Eggs
King Salmon

Jennie, how dare you put up a vegetable diet on a fishing BB. The best diet is to eat nothing but fresh caught fish. If you dont catch a fish that day you dont get to eat. This would encourage more fishing, and a healthy diet of Omega 3. I think the pounds would roll off on such a diet. (Might even consider cooking the heads after few empty days of fishing)
Old 06-08-2000, 10:34 AM   #25
Jennie@ifish
AdminiMom

Point well taken, but the way it has been going lately, I would starve- or eat mudcat.
Id rather have a carrot.

Old 06-08-2000, 12:30 PM   #26
Jeffhead
Chromer

Forget the word diet, throw out that $!%&$#*^%&@ Slim Fast, eat three sensible squares a day (no RT ice cream and cookies is not a square meal hehehe ) and exercise at least three to four times a week. I went from 240 at Christmas to 220 in a couple of months. Where'd you say you got those trim tabs from??? Good luck.
Tight lines, Jeff
Old 06-08-2000, 01:01 PM   #27
Deleted User

Hi Marie. Oysters? Fresh of course. Is it true what they say about them making men more verile? If it is, I wonder if I eat enough of them I could grow a new heatlthy prostrate? My brothers and I used to watch my Dad, who would and did eat ANYTHING (calf brains, blood sausage, beef tongue- he grew up on a Montana farm where they ate it all!), eat jumbo raw oysters. Of course he would challenge us boys to follow suit. Raw! At that young age they looked like a huge buger. I remember trying to swallow one whole because I couldn't bear to chew it. I gagged on it about halfway down and wound up cough-hurling it across the room! And Dad, who grew wasting nothing like many of his generation, after a disusted glance at me he picks it up, rinses it off, and eats the dang thing! I gagged again. Never been a fan of oysters since. I have had some pretty good ones batter fried though; and little smoked ones are good. Anyway, if I haven't lost at least 20 of my 30 lb. goal by the time I come into your Till. Bait Co. shop around Halloween for some of your select fresh sandshrimp, I will do what I've seen guide Steve Kohler do to impress lady clients out in his boat- chew up a live sandshrimp! I'll probably spit it out sooner than he does; or it might even get hurled across your shop? You remember that; I want to get all the incentive I can to get thru this thing! As for the fish diet- when you can't get out to catch enough remember to get a bottle of Spectrum (or other quality brand) Flax Seed Oil. A tablespoon a day of that is like eating salmon 3 times a week with less calories, because it is so full of Omega-3's as many fishoils are. And it makes an excellant oil base for custom homemade fishing scent by grinding up such as sardine filets, eggs, &/or shrimp into it with a dash of sodium sulfite & MSG. See ya later Marie. - Steve - Jeff, the Slim Fast is so convenient & has all the important electrolytes, etc. It's that or slowly chew on a small plate of celery & carrots, & then get the shakes and pass out from sugar withdrawal . I have a complete balanced meal once a day with the S.F., usually dinner, to get proper nutrition. Tough to exercise with an arthritic ankle, and my "other form" of exercise has taken a hit for a couple more months at least. So, swim or floor exercises I guess- it's too important a part of healthy diets (and always for that matter!). And 3 guys 200++? TABS- quick! (jk- you probably don't need them, but they do help any 18' boat perform better and good ones cost about $150 per pair). Talk with ya soon. - Steve

[This message has been edited by RT (edited 06-08-2000).]
Old 06-08-2000, 11:22 PM   #28
Captain and Marie

Hi Jennie,

My check is on the way. I rely on this BB to keep inspired. And to keep me laughing.
Its all good and the money is going to a very worth while cause. I truly appreciate all the work you have done for me and my web site. Your friend, Marie @ T.B.C. Do you need some fresh OYSTER? fresh in today!
marie_wll@yahoo.com
503-842-5031 Business phone 8-5pm Wed-Monday
Captain and Marie is offline   Reply With Quote