Nestucca Fish on! - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Archives > Ifish 2000 archives

Old 06-02-2000, 01:34 PM   #1
Jennie@ifish
AdminiMom

Default Nestucca Fish on!

Got my summer steelie! Man was he chrome and still had sea lice... He jumped all over the place!
What a rush to see that bobber go down, and streak through the water! WHOO HOOOOOO!
Nice little 8 lb buck caught on bobber and eggs, with a salad shrimp hooked on for a touch of class.
I needed that fish! I feel SO much better now! Makes for a darn good day!
It was a beautiful day on the N. with no wind and t shirt weather.
At the put in, a guy was fighting a fish, and by the looks of it, and the time he played it, you would have thought it was a huge springer.. and then in he pulls a smallish steelie....
There was one springer taken at the Three rivers boat ramp early in the morning.
Ahhhhh what a nice day.... now on to feeding animals and watching birds, cooking dinner.... everything, with a different outlook on life! A fishy one!
Let's all get on the net at half time tonight and talk on the chat? Anyone?
Jen

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Whoo hooo! What a Ride!”

Jennie@ifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2000, 02:10 PM   #2
Bait O' Eggs
King Salmon

Default Re: Nestucca Fish on!

Good job Jen!!!
No chatting tonight, I got to slay some of the #2 garbage fish after work (Shad). (we all know the #1 comes in a large or small mouth version from reading this BB). Maybe I will pick up a clipped springer while shad fishing.
Old 06-03-2000, 09:53 PM   #3
happybrew
Sturgeon

Jeez Leweez! I'm jealous! I spent all day there two days before, and got nothing! Nobody did! A couple of days before, a couple of days after I go fishing, everyone gets the fish. I'm gonna have to get my days off from work changed! Glad someone around here is catching fish! Are you gonna post a pic?

happybrew
Old 06-04-2000, 04:22 AM   #4
Jennie@ifish
AdminiMom

Hey, I do catch fish ONCE and a while, contrary to the 'fishless Jennie' rumor!

Yeah, Bill took a pic, but it wasn't on digital, and we are waiting to use up the film.

Thanks happy!

Jen
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Whoo hooo! What a Ride!”

Jennie@ifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2000, 11:31 PM   #5
Gone Fishin
Tuna!

Way to go Jen!

I wasn't on the river Friday, so sorry I missed you and Mr. Bill. I did take two guys out Sat. and we landed one 20# beautiful springer! The Tucker is extremely low and clear right now, for those interested, the best fishing seems to be from Three Rivers to Cloverdale. If the system develops this week and we get some decent rainfall, you guys and gals better get down here for a good opportunity for a coastal springer or summer steelie! -Marty
Gone Fishin is offline   Reply With Quote