Green Peter Report 11/8 (pics) - www.ifish.net

Trout Yak!
Trout & Kokanee Fishing with Buzz Ramsey

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Trout Yak! Trout & Kokanee Fishing

Old 11-08-2006, 05:39 PM   #1
Thecrease
Chromer

Default Green Peter Report 11/8 (pics)

Went to Green Peter today and managed to scrape up a limit of rainbows. It was tough fishing today. I caught a total of 6 fish.

Where I was fishing in 9 foot of water last week was now in 48 feet of water so that gives you idea of how much the water has gone up. I ended up fishing a spot where I caught them last year when it was about this high.

First fish was on a gulp redworm trolled with a medium size splitshot.

I had a very small area where I was getting bit then the foot pedal to my electric trolling motor decides to take a dump so I had to fish with the big motor. The only lure I could fish effectivly was a rapala at the speed my big motor will run at idle.

I caught the rest of my fish on rapalas.

The end result

I know if my electric would not have went down I could have caught a lot more fish than I did. I only saw a few fish boil.

Water color was still good in most of the lake.

When I went by Foster it looked like chocolate milk (totally unfishable)

Clayton

Thecrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:29 PM   #2
troutski
Bull Trout

Thumbs up Re: Green Peter Report 11/8 (pics)

Clayton, you are the man when it comes to that lake.....it must have really spiked in level.......with the amount of water that was coming into it. Those fish looked like all females, did they have eggs yet ? Nice job and good report. What was the water temp. ?
I am going to Cougar tomorrow am - not necessarily for fishing, trying to retrieve a rod and reel I lost in March. The level looks to be about right to find it, if possible, but if I am going to walk down to the bottom of that mud hole I might as well take some spoons, who knows. If I don't kill myself trying to hike out I will post my successes or failures what ever this lake decides to allow.

Chuck
troutski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:48 PM   #3
Thecrease
Chromer

Default Re: Green Peter Report 11/8 (pics)

Chuck

Water temp was 54 to 58 degrees depending on where you were at. Good luck finding that rod.

I did not see any eggs in the fish.

Clayton
Thecrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:51 PM   #4
Fishin Addiction
Steelhead

Is one of those a native? I see an extra fin.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:42 PM   #5
wind troller
Chromer

Nice job Clayton,
You always seem to eek out the fish no matter the conditions or changes. Those are some nice fish, thanks for the post and pics!
tightlines.

Fishin Addiction, Green Peter doesn't have the "clipped regs" like we have up here, assuming your up north like me. Non-clipped also does not mean they are natives, it may only mean the hatchery doesn't have a clipping program in place. Up here with so many lakes being on river runs they had to start clipping so folks wouldn't keep steelhead or salmon smolt thinking they were trout. In Central Oregon they started the hatchery clipping program so folks would know that non-clipped fish were actually (most of the time) natives in hopes they would release them.

Last edited by wind troller; 11-08-2006 at 07:58 PM.
wind troller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:07 PM   #6
Fishin Addiction
Steelhead

wind troller, thanks for the explanation, I'm basically a newbie in Hillsboro so I appreciate the education

FA
Old 11-08-2006, 08:33 PM   #7
wind troller
Chromer

Fishin Addiction,
When it comes to fishing were are all newbies, always learning new stuff if were smart. To ifish you are a newbie, welcome aboard, your going to love it here and have a new addiction. Lots of great folks, help, tips, and friendships to be made.
tightlines
Hey I just noticed you have been on ifish way longer than me but are a quiet soul, share some info if you like, we all like to read.

Last edited by wind troller; 11-09-2006 at 11:13 AM.
wind troller is offline   Reply With Quote