Just joined and am on small fry status with you guys. Salutations! Just wondering the same thing.
Went out to Vancouver Lake and dogs jumping in the water, crowded with people, honestly there must be away to get away from all the loud radios and jumping in the water. Also does not seem to be open to night fishing.
On the other hand, have you guys read what that Sgt. Slaughter says? Says big channel cat fish in there? Must be hiding from thefishninja in the day, and then coming out at night time when the loud people have fled.
Dear fishing brethren, lets band together and post the fish intelligence reports for close to clark county spots. So far here are the names I have discovered of potential places to visit:
1. Lacamas Lake (possibly awesome?)
2. Horseshoe Lake (possibly awesome?)
3. Silver Lake ( definitely awesome but probably far away too)
4. Vancouver Lake (blah? no night fishing? crowded? few fish?)
5. Klein pond ( supposedly small crowded overfished?)
6. Felida, by the Moorage/Boats, ( they charge three dollars? creepy? idk)
7. Battleground -- do not know anything yet
8. Round Lake-- do not know anything yet
9. Lake River -- do not know anything about it yet
10. Ridgefield Area...... looks promising and pretty too, but have no idea11.
11. Kress Lake-- sound like a tiny pond but might check that out
12. Lewis River-- (definitely awesome, yet kind of far, need good spot info)
13. Do not know anything about the Washington side of the Columbia yet... ( just moved here from Oly )
So far only been to Vancouver Lake and saw this shallow swampy spot and then a crowded boating place on the other side with not much cover. Scary. Loud people, radios, dogs, lots of weird foreign sounds, not fun. Thefishninja must learn to adapt, night fishing would be wise.
So basically did find this awesome pdf download of a map at this website
And then I found this second website with map links
These two websites combined with ishfish.net is what thefishninja is attempting to use to navigate reality. Any help? Saw some your guys posts, that Sgt Slaughter guy looks helpful and awesome too.
Nice to be swimming along on small fry status with you guys.