IFish Fishing Forum banner

Mount Hebo snow depths

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Big Unit 
#1 ·
Here is a collage of two years on Mount Hebo.

March 1, 2011 compared to March 1, 2012. I remember it being a late winter last year. This year the same?? I bear hunt near Hebo, and I like to plan ahead a bit. Anyone have snow depth records for the past up there....anywhere in the north coast range? Interesting to me.

BU

See less See more
#2 ·
That would be interesting to see.. I was on a boy scout death march up there one march.. seemed to be several feet of snow. the Airforce radar station was still in operation.. they let us have some hot chocolate. Then we marched back to our snow camp at the lake.

I am sure 8 feet is not our of the question..

#3 ·
What would be interesting would be when was that death march. Trying to remember when we put up a radio tower, thinking mid 70's and there was no radar. Not trying to date you just interested when they closed it. Sorry I know this is off topic, have pm you but others might be interested also.

#4 ·
about 76-77 was the march up in the snow.. it was the Newberg Boy Scouts. I think they shut it down in 80-ish. was just up there last summer and I think there was a plaque? as Seatac took over the radar coverage up for the west coast..

ah.. yes.. radio..had the image of the towers in my head

gus

#7 ·
Our lovely couple got a fresh layer last night.

Seems low though this year, though.

BU

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.