IFish Fishing Forum banner

Pro Release Downrigger/Outrigger Release BOGO Intro Special

5K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  sinkerhead 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All, Chris@BigCTackle.com here to introduce my business www.bigctackle.com

I manufacture the new and improved Pro Release II Downrigger and Outrigger release device.

For the month of August, I'm offering ifish members a 2 for 1 deal with free shipping for $22 to introduce the product to the market. (Update 8/20) Don't miss out, I've shipped over 400 releases so far, thanks to all of you guys and gals at ifish. I'm pretty sure you will never see the price this low, so get your Pro Release II downrigger releases before the end of August.

Go to www.bigctackle.com to Purchase 1 release
and then at checkout,
Mention your ifish moniker and that you want 2 for 1 BOGO in the comments
. I'll get them shipped right out to you priority mail. If you want to buy 2 and get 4, that's great, but let me know.

The Pro Release has been helping controlled depth fishermen catch fish since 1977 under a couple of names (Wil-Jer, Pro Release, Shur Set). About 6 or 7 years ago it stopped being manufactured and distributed. About 10 months ago, I set out to see if I could bring it back, as it was such a great product for braided line while trolling deep or fast. It also works perfectly for shallow trolling with mono. I worked with the original inventor and another entrepreneur to redesign the molds for the latest injection molding/plastics technology, did the necessary trademark and patent work, and added a few improvements to make it smaller fish friendly. It is fully rigged/stackable right out of the package, fully adjustable and easy to convert from port to starboard configuration.

Thanks to half a dozen ifishers that have helped me get this business going ! I plan to manufacture the Pro Release and many other quality products for many years to come. I hope to have the product in stores very soon !

Made in Oregon :flag2:

Please feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions.
Thank you
- Chris

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Don't miss out on the August 2014, 2 for 1 BOGO sale.

This release is the real deal for all sizes of fish and BRAIDED line !

Sure there are other good releases or methods out there, but I'm confident that you'll agree, the Pro Release technology is the best way to do it, or your money back ! You can spend less, or more, but The Pro Release is designed to be a moderately priced device that employs the ultimate technology for telegraphing life on the end of your line and releasing only when the fish is hooked and pulls on the bait. It's not a gimmick, it's precision and science :applause:

Go to www.bigctackle.com

Buy 1 release for $22. Any of the 4 colors. I have lots of White and Black, but Green and Orange are a little limited). Then get 2 releases with free Priority Shipping, sent to anyone/anywhere in the U.S. with or from an ifish moniker (sign up !)

When you checkout, please leave a comment with your ifish moniker and that you want the ifish BOGO deal.
Maximum 2 BOGOs per customer. It helps to let me know if you want 2 BOGOs so I don't have to ask if you made a mistake or really want 4. I'm also starting to get alot of non ifish orders, so don't forget to let me know who you are and that you want BOGO, or i won't send you a free one.

I've had a lot of fantastic "feet on the street" feed back on the Pro Release II.
One thing I've been asked: Is it too light for big gear at extreme depths and the pull of higher speeds and big swells ? I intentionally made it able to be set extremely light with the additional spring between the jaws, because I wanted it to be ideal for small fish too. If you want it tight, open the bobbin and crank it down, that's how I usually fish it ! If you want to go extremely tight, just remove the spring between the jaws and really crank it down.

The Pro Release II is a great downrigger release device and makes a great outrigger stacker too.

Please, feel free to send me suggestions to improve the product. I may have a poll soon to get a handle on how people want the product configured, but I've done my best to select the components that make it the most versatile.

#3 · (Edited)
I had someone send me some feedback that some of my pictures on the instruction page of my website showed the release incorrectly wrapped. I've done more testing lately, and it turns out that the way the line is wrapped around the bobbin really is critical. It's important to wrap the bobbin so the line coming from the rod is enclosed in the release behind the bobbin. This may be clockwise or counterclockwise depending on if the release is set up for port or starboard use. Correct loading keeps the release upright when there is tension on the rod. Incorrect loading may cause the release to flip over and possibly tangle the line on the bolt, or allow the line to wedge between the bobbin base and hinge.

Pictures attached to show what I mean.

Correct Loading:

Incorrect Loading:

#4 · (Edited)
New sale: Buy 1, Get 2 shipped to your door for $27.

I'm advertising on Amazon and Ebay now, so if you buy from there and leave a positive feedback, it would really help me out.

Don't forget to leave me a message with your ifish name and BOGO.

Thanks everyone for your orders and positive feedback !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.