IFish Fishing Forum banner

The "C" word

25K views 213 replies 104 participants last post by  Dale Gocken 
#1 ·
I have been diagnosed with breast cancer.

I don't know how else to tell you guys but just to say it, so please say prayers for me to heal so that I can keep on keepin' on.

I'm really strong, so I'm sure things will be fine.

Jen

#4 ·
My wife just finish the last radiation treatment last friday. Just a few days over 9 months from diagnosis to final treatment. Double mastectomy, 11 of 15 lymph nodes removed where also infected. Now she starts anti-estrogen pills for 5 years. She is doing well and has been very active durring the treatment. The chemo is the worst part. Radiation just takes a lot of trips 5 days a week with little side effects other than being tired and some burns. Plan on staying near your treatment, Some days my wife had 3 appointments. Get a port and good luck. We are praying for you

#8 ·
Wow Jennie! So sorry to hear this. Our prayers are with you for a full recovery. Glad to see that Bill is home. :flowered:

#12 ·
Jennie-

So sorry to have read this news-but I believe you are so strong that you will do well. Glad Bill is home to have things better settled on the home front. Hope he can heal quickly so you both can move thru this next phase of life with the support of each other.
You know, you have the largest support group here, so please be clear about your needs as you move forward with your treatment so we all can put our efforts where you need them most.
:pray::pray::pray::thisbig::thisbig::thisbig: :pray::pray::pray:

Hugs & prayers
SG:flowered:

#17 ·
Jennie:

They say that the Lord gives us only those tribulations that we can handle. Hopefully one at a time.

This is another challenge. You've beaten the rest so far.

Keep on keepin' on.

Many prayers from here too.

Jack & Sooz

#21 ·
Prayers sent for you, Jennie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.