Hoyt Vector Turbo VS. Bowtech Insanity CPXL - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Hunting

Old 02-04-2012, 12:28 PM   #1
browalex
Tuna!

Default Hoyt Vector Turbo VS. Bowtech Insanity CPXL

We were at M2 Outdoors in Lebanon yesterday testing the 2012 lineup for Hoyt and Bowtech..... Both are great, but we are leaning towards the Bowtech, honestly! (Switching from the Mathews Z7)

Check out the video on our weekly of us shooting each model! There is a detailed write up including specs from each, and reasons why we are leaning towards the Bowtech. http://zmaproductions.com/zma-weekly-3/

Has anyone purchased either of these bows yet this year? If so what are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Alex Brown

browalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
jcathunter
Chromer

Default Re: Hoyt Vector Turbo VS. Bowtech Insanity CPXL

I'm kinda surprised a Mathews guy would prefer the feel of the Bowtech. I have shot both and LOVED shooting both. The XL was probibly the best bow I've ever shot, at the shot but the Hoyt just felt right if that makes any sense at all. lol I wanted to get the hoyt I shot from the guy who let me shoot it but he decided to keep it. I ended up with a carbon element and I'm very happy. That XL doesn't even feel like it went off, does it!!!! Talk about smooth and easy to shoot.

Last edited by jcathunter; 02-04-2012 at 03:15 PM.
jcathunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
browalex
Tuna!

Jason,

We were thinking the same thing about shooting Mathews and all, but when it comes down to it all its not about the name. When we tested them, and for us, the Bowtech was much smoother and easier to draw. We ordered one with 80lb limbs to test the accuracy back to 60, 70, and 80 yards.... Thats when we will make our final decision! I purchased the Destroyer 340 when it first came out and loved the bow but it was extremely hard to group at long distances compared to the Z7, thus the reason we have been shooting Mathews bows for the past few years!

We are thinking Bowtech got it right with the CPXL..... We shall see! The 80 pound limbs will enable us to shoot a heavier arrow faster, ultimately getting more penetration into the animal! Additionally, the bow is 35" long which should reduce knock torque due to the string angle and emit more accurate groups! Still cannot believe how smooth this bow is......

I have heard a lot of good things about the Element... Sounds like a good bow! Good luck with it, and I hope its good to you!

PS. I told Zac to get back to you on Facebook, he never checks it..... ha h! I'll yell at him again

Alex Brown
browalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
jcathunter
Chromer

I always shot Mathews and think the Hoyt feels closer "in hand" to the mathews than the Bowtech but, you are right, the XL just might bridge that gap. I, too, wanted the 80lber but was told it wasn't available yet so I got an 80lb element. The way the XL and the element shoot, 80 feels like 65 so a guy might as well get that KE
Zach is young so I figured he was running around. Its been a couple years since I shot a bow so I figure I better get started now if I'm going to hunt this fall. I need to get my pins set so I can shoot the 3d shoot this month in lebanon.
jcathunter is offline   Reply With Quote