IFish Fishing Forum banner

Caddis Float Tube Parts?

12K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  hike4fish 
#1 Ā·
Found a Caddis "Nevada" float tube in the thrift store the other day:meme:. The only problem is that it is missing the stabilizing bar in the front and the attached stripping apron. These are "big box" tubes (for the lack of a better term), and no parts are available,except for replacement bladders, as they are massed produced and shipped from over-seas to market, as I understand. I am thinking I can use a PVC pipe and some velcro. Can anyone tell me how long the pipe should be:shrug:? I am new to the game, but think the length may be VERY important, as this does appear to stabilize the front. What to use for a stripping apron?
Has anybody put a pad on the seat for extra height and, well um, padding? I am looking forward to trying this out when I get it all put together!!!! Thanks for any help or advice!!!!!!!!

#3 Ā· (Edited)
I don't think it is that important... you could probaby go without it if you are carefull and the tube is fuly inflated. You can probably eyeball it to with in an inch or two... inflate the tube and measure the distance between the flaps... then add an inch and cut the pipe (it is easier to cut it if too long). Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.