Neah Bay fishing report 5/21-5/25 - www.ifish.net
Leave no Dog Behind

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > The Salty Dogs

Old 05-26-2002, 08:43 PM   #1
Hamachi
Steelhead

Default Neah Bay fishing report 5/21-5/25

Just returned from another successful Neah Bay trip. Fished the Swiftsure Bank for Halibut all 5 days. Limits every day. All fish in the 20's with the largest at 28. Saw some slightly larger fish caught on that bank. Larger fish caught on 72 square and Blue Dot. Some big lings on both those banks also. Guys fishing those outside banks reported lots of floating yelloweyes - what a waste.
Water was flat calm all 5 days. My but's caught mostly on bait with a few on white scampi tails on a white 24oz leadhead. Mega traffic on the bank yesterday -when I headed back inside to fish rockfish at 07:30 I counted 50+ skiffs. Heard it was over 100 later.
Limits on rockfish every day. Didn't fish over '100 because I didn't want to kill any yelloweyes. Still caught a few small ones but I think most of them were OK. Lots of small lings, think I had one legal. Didn't target them at all. Hot ticket on the big black rockfish was a 2oz leadhead with a white or glow-in-the-dark single tail grub in the shallows.
Salmon opener yesterday was rather slow. Some fish caught outside of Waddah on the late afternoon tidechange. Comm's are getting lots of fish on tonnage of bait at blue dot. Some also at Swiftsure. Saw tonnage of bait at East side of table top and other areas.
General area for buts at swiftsure was 48.28 124.56.

Hamachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2002, 11:53 AM   #2
Mr. Fisherman
King Salmon

Default Re: Neah Bay fishing report 5/21-5/25

Hamachi,

Thanks for the update and congrats on a great trip! .

It dosen't always work out that way....

Mr. F....