IFish Fishing Forum banner

Old amusement parks - Pixieland in Lincoln City?

5K views 29 replies 21 participants last post by  PIR8 Hook 
#1 ·
#4 ·
#5 ·
I remember the Pixie Kitchen being kinda freaky. Funny how it lasted longer than Pixieland. I can only recall stopping at Pixieland once when I was a sprout, and I was 8 years old when it opened.

I guess there used to be an amusement park up on Council Crest waaaaaay back when the streetcars ran up there. I read somewhere that it was a dump at that. Hard to imagine when you look at the place now.

#8 ·
Link at the bottom of that same page for Council Crest and a few others.

We didn't travel to the coast when I was little so no Pixieland memories although I can't count how many times we drove by Enchanted Forest to Albany from Portland and all I could do was dream. Finally took my kids a few years back. Was a blast. That log ride.....:dancingman:

#15 ·
My dad worked for Tektronix back in the early days, retiring in 1977.

Tek used to rent Jansen Beach for their employee picnic very summer, and it was a blast. That had to be back in the mid o late 60's.

I remember going to some labor union event there as well in those days. Roller coaster, wading pools, carousels, it was great.

#16 ·
I think about it every time I drive to Lincoln City. Some years back you could see the open area where it was, now it's so overgrown if you didn't know it had been there you would think it's just part of the natural landscape. Lat time I was there was sometime in the late 60's, from what I remember there was not much there but some shops. Bought a wooden lamp with a wagon for a base.

#17 ·
I hadn't heard of this one until I ended up on a page about it.
http://pdxhistory.com/html/pixieland.html
Thanks for sharing this about Pixie Land and Pixie Kitchen. I spent many a day at Pixie Land, and ate many,many great meals at Pixie Kitchen.:D:applause:

The Log Flume Ride was really a blast, and you always got wet, what more could a Kid want?:excited::excited:

#19 ·
I hadn't heard of this one until I ended up on a page about it.

http://pdxhistory.com/html/pixieland.html

Any other little known amusement parks anyone knows about in the Northwest?

WOW!! I remembered this as a kid but could never find it again. I only went there one time that I can remember. Must have been around 6yrs. I can remember some "Big Foot" prints printed on the sidewalk. Not much else.

Thanks for the link.

#22 ·
Glad to share the finds with everyone. Cool learning experience for me as well. Asked one of my older brothers about it tonight and he said yes, he remembered it too in passing along the road there.

So where exactly was it? I saw mention of Otis.

Google Pixieland Oregon in Google maps

#26 ·
Thanks for the memory. Pixie Kitchen was one of the icons we kids looked for on trips to the beach. The House of Seven Gables was another one, as well as Barnacle Bill's. Seven Gables is now office buildings but I think Bill's is still there, right? Been a while since I went to Lincoln City.

#30 ·
We used to drive the 20 odd miles over Cascade Head to Pixie Kitchen on Friday nights. I'd order razor clams and for one more dollar you could make it "all you can eat". I think that's how they went out of business....

I also remember that you could buy stock in Pixieland for .50 cents. I SO wanted to be a part owner....Glad I didn't.

The whale from there is in front of the Salem Humane Society.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.