IFish Fishing Forum banner

How do you clean a life jacket?

4K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Thumper 
#1 ·
Powerwasher

See less See more
#2 ·
I had to clean a couple of em. I used some soap and a scub brush. Just wet em, soaped and scrubbed then let em sun dry. It worked pretty good. Hope it helps ya. I used a small amount of dish soap.

Jeff

#6 ·
Wait a minute - you can clean those?? I consider the minor soil that develops over time to be battle earned medals, not to mention armor against the next set of perils I intend to inflict.

Veteran life jackets deserve to look like veteran life jackets.

You probly wash the egg goo off yer bobber rod, too. (Takes years to build up a really good protective layer)

#7 ·
Ok - if ya must clean it, just tie it around the anchor ball for a few anchor retrieves and it will be good as new!!

At least it is a fitting way to clean such a garment and less work, too. :wink: :grin:

[ 07-30-2002, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: crabbait ]

#8 ·
My old favorite life jacket is starting to look pretty bad. :shocked: I don't want to part with it since it is broken in and feels comfortable when I wear it. I also use it as part of my layering in cold weather and the foam really keeps the heat in. :cool:

:whazzup: What would be the best way to clean it up?

Thanks,

SM

#9 ·
I will have to try the soap and scrub brush on mine. Every since the Jerk left my gas cap off at Truckies gas station in Seaside my jackets stink with gasoline. It got down in my front storage compartment. By the way do not buy gas from this place. Had my super vee LT for about a month before they left the cap off and it not only destroyed my life vests it ruined the paint on my new $23,000 boat. The only thing the owner could say over the phone was I am sorry but we will not fix any of the damages. Futhermore, did not even have the sack to tell me to my face just over the phone while I was in the station, but maybe that was a good thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.