IFish Fishing Forum banner

The NW Mountain Challenge

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  slave4chrome 
#1 ·
This shoot is coming up next weekend at Hoodoo. Curious how many people are going. Or if anybody has any more info than what is posted on their website. I imagine the courses may be a bit rugged. On their site it mentions not being able to use the chair lift. So one course is suppose to be easier walking than the others.

#4 ·
Our group shot the pure elevation course and the BHA course Saturday. Stayed for the raffle and full draw film tour presentation. It was a great experience and am looking forward to next year already, plan on doing Tamarack also. Going to camp next year, that's the one thing I would change. Even know we only live 45 miles from Hoodoo the drive home was rough. I highly recommend this shoot for those who didn't do it. By far my favorite shoot I've ever done. Pure elevation was physically demanding with equally tough shots. If you want to test your skills this is the shoot for you. Not to mention the great people like Ty from Born and raised outdoors who put it on.

#6 ·
The Pure eleveation course started at the parking lot of hoodoo lodge. You hiked to the top of the mountain, then half way down the backside of the mountain. Then more or less sidehilled to the front of the mountain. Then back down to the lodge. With 15 targets along the way. It was 2.5 miles but 1000ft of eleveation gain very quickly on loose rock and dirt. Certainly doable but not your standard 3D course.

#11 ·
I thought it was a great shoot. I had to install a clutch on Saturday so I shot all three courses(pure elevation, backcountry bowhunter and Elk101) on Sunday. started at 9am and finished at 3pm. The staff onsite was friendly and helpful, target scenarios were perfect hunting challenges, and the terrain was awesome. I carried a 40# pack on one of the 20 target courses and if time would have allowed I would have carried it for all. Awesome training opportunity for the fast approaching season!

#12 ·
Sounds like it wasn't nearly as busy Sunday. We started the pure elevation shoot around 9:30 Saturday and didn't finish until about 4. A decent amount of waiting due to other shooters. But it didn't bother us too much. Had some good conversations with fellow hunters while waiting.

#14 ·
Best 3D shoot I've ever attended! The shoot hosts were awesome! I shot the Elk 101 and Back Country Hunter courses: targets were set up 15 - 50 yards. I could only go for the one day so I did not shoot the Pure Elevation course. I plan to go next year and will take a vacation day to shoot all three courses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.