IFish Fishing Forum banner

Reward for gear left on N.Santiam

655 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Mr. Fisherman 
#1 ·
Had a brain skip Thursday evening.I launched my boat and left a day pack on the gravel bar.It contained my wife's didgital camera,a Quantum Heat spinning reel,Ross fly reel spool,and various tackle.If you or someone you know found this and are looking to do the right thing,please contact me through this board.I am offering a reward equivalent to $300.I hope everyone else is also catching fish on the N.Santiam.
Thank you and good luck catching
iggie

[ 05-19-2003, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: IGGIE ]

#2 ·
Iam bringing this back to the top.It may be a waste of time because the persons who found my bag may be the guys who broke the window of the other rig parked there.They stole a fishing rod and reel and the guys dirty laundry.They missed two cell phones.The thieves may have been driving an older tan jeep wagoneer.It was spotted leaving the scene in a very big hurry.So when fishing it's best to leave nothing in your rig.
Good Luck,
Iggie

#3 ·
Iggie very sorry about leaving the gear on the bar I have done the same but was able to get mine back. I have heard rumors that rigs have been getting vandalized and gone through at greens and at the gravel lot next too the store. I'am so very sick of having this happend year after year there on N. santiam. A few years back things seemed they were getting better then you get a few years of this stuff happening again. Very frustrating. I have met so many good people that live and fish in and around the jefferson area it is too bad that the bad seeds prey on fisherman vehicles.

#4 ·
So this was near Jefferson? Sorry to hear you lost some gear. I may end up doing some spot checks while Dom hunts for spring bear. If you see a maroon ranger with an Ifish sticker in the back window, wave and I;ll know you are an ifisher. Its time the thieving gets stopped...

Luckily for us, we have had pretty decent luck farther up the canyon..I'll keep my eyes open.

#5 ·
The incident happened at N.Santiam State Park.It is true the problem wasn't as bad here in the canyon but the last few years this has changed.Mehama,State Park,Fisherman's Bend,and the Stauber boat slide have had their incidents.It's too bad this becomig the norm in our society.Be vigilent if you see suspicious activity get a decription of a vehicle,license number,or decription of the persons.Then if you hear of something later you can give this info to OSP or Sheriff's Dept.If enough of these guys are caught maybe the others will be discouraged.
Enough of my soapbox,time to go catch more steelhead.
Good Luck.
Iggie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.