IFish Fishing Forum banner

sure spin herring helmet??

13K views 37 replies 18 participants last post by  MsOutdrs 
#1 Ā· (Edited)
Has anyone tried these?? Any specific color? Seems like a good idea and I was thinking bout giving them a shot. Any info will be appreciated thanks

#6 Ā·
WhoooHoo...hubby is the one that got those to a marketing friend of his. They are killers. Ask away...he'll provide you any info you want to know about colors, how to fish them. Not a Tolman thing..a Dick Jacobs thing...that's why they're called Dick's Sure Spin. PM me for info regarding the marketing person who sells them (since he's not a sponsor on IFish).

What I can tell you is that they are for plug cut herring. There's no fussing with getting the right cut on the herring to ensure spin. Heck, even I can cut the herring. And it does just what it says...sure spin. The second great feature is that, with the herring being so hard to get nowadays, you can fish a longer time with the same herring. We brine our herring. You can leave the guts in the herring for a good scent. It doesn't fall apart in the current. They come in clear, red, green and they just got some UV ones. They have them for green, blue, purple herring and one other size but I can't remember what color the herring is labeled. Smaller I think and I think they can be used with sardines (don't quote me on that one).

#18 Ā·
I have a handfull of them and fished them for the first time this year. I normally fish cut plug with a free hand cut that I learned from Dick Jacobs himself. I ran 1/2 cut and 1/2 Dick's sure spin this spring. the Dick's Sure Spin outfished the hand cut. I think they'll really show their value when B-10 starts and you're pulling fresh herring in heavy current. No worries about the cut end of the herring blowing out.

Brian

#26 Ā·
Folks,

This is a great couple who I consider family. No, they are not an ifish sponsor (Yet?) but I can assure you that this product works and you are supporting the LOCAL economy.

These people are highly respected by many...I even named my son JACOB in honor of them :flag2:

Bev,
I need some SURE SPINS :pray:

#32 Ā·
Folks,

This is a great couple who I consider family. No, they are not an ifish sponsor (Yet?) but I can assure you that this product works and you are supporting the LOCAL economy.

These people are highly respected by many...I even named my son JACOB in honor of them :flag2:

Bev,
I need some SURE SPINS :pray:
Wow..what kind words, Sammy. Thank you and with that, I'll let Dick know. We'll get some to you.

#37 Ā·
:yeahthat:

Talked to them at the show. Good people. Very enthusiastic about fishing. I picked up a pack to give them a try.

#33 Ā·
Check out the AnglersInnovations booth at the upcoming Sportsmans Show for the Sure Spins and the LongLiner. PM me or go to the aforementioned website for more dealers. They have proven to be effective fish getters. Dick is hoping to do a demo at OC Fishermans in the future on the long liners. They are a bit confusing at first but once you figure them out, they are great also.

#34 Ā·
I used them this fall on the Yaquina,and the Siletz. In Tillamook in December. I got fish every place i used them. A few small tricks to useing them but i just cut the head off the herring.Leave the guts in,put in the picks, i use a bobber stop in the helment. Set the hooks the way i like them. And pull them till i get a fish or get tired of looking at the same bait.:twocents:

LJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.