IFish Fishing Forum banner

Remington 3200

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Gun Rod Bow 
#1 ·
I know this is going to be a long shot but does anyone on here remember the receiver modifications on old production 3200 guns, and can point me to some illustrations? I use to own one many years ago and sold it. Now I think I’ve found a NIB International Live Pigeon Grade gun, the owner doesn’t know what to look for and it would or could make a big difference in my offer. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

BB

#3 ·
this is the remington sevice rep in oregon Custom Gunsmith

Address: 1033 Elizabeth St.

City/State/Zip: Eugene OR, 97402

Phone: 541-689-1687

#4 ·
When you break open the gun, or remove the barrels, IF the gun's had the mods, you'll see a pair of counterbored holes with Allen Cap Screws down at the bottom of the recoil plate/face, one on either side.

If I recall correctly, those "mods" were included as "standard production" by the time the International Live Pigeon guns came out. I'm pretty sure that the Live Pigeon guns were some of the last 3200s to be made, and the mods must have shown up about 4-5 years earlier.

:cheers:

#5 ·
Like what billc said....while looking at the breech face, there'll be an allen head on either side of the bottom firing pin. Also, a dot (.) will be right before or after the serial number that's stamped on the bottom of the receiver. If it doesn't have this, the upgrade was (a couple of years ago) about $500.00 plus shipping.

I'd love to see pics of a pigeon grade. I didn't know that existed in a 3200. A 3200 was one of the few models I never owned during my 17 years of trapshooting. Remington always put such pretty wood in their trap grade guns. A $300.00 870 TB had nicer wood than most of my Perazzi's???

#6 ·
Thanks fellas. This might be a winner for me if this deal goes thru. I’ve been pretty much a K-gun shooter and I just couldn’t remember the 3200 mod. If this is what I think it is, it’s choked X-full/X-full and that will give Briley so much room to work with. It gets me excited thinking about it.

#7 ·
I still have VERY fond memories (and pics) of myself, my 3200 Field Gun (28" Mod/Full) at (River) Blind #11 McCormack Slough Unit Umatilla NWR, a limit a Greenheads w/my handloads of 1-3/8 oz. of Hard Lead #5s! :applause:

ALL of that's gone (except the 3200 :grin:).

No more Blind #11 :smash:

No more 1-3/8 oz. loads of Lead #5s! :smash: :smash:

What a killer combo!

(Always wanted a 3200 3" Field Gun) :wink:

:cheers:

#8 ·
Thanks fellas. This might be a winner for me if this deal goes thru. I’ve been pretty much a K-gun shooter and I just couldn’t remember the 3200 mod. If this is what I think it is, it’s choked X-full/X-full and that will give Briley so much room to work with. It gets me excited thinking about it.
What lenght of barrels? 30's or 32's? If ya get it, post a pic!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.