IFish Fishing Forum banner

Squid for salmon?

9K views 32 replies 28 participants last post by  garyk 
#1 Ā·
So I went out and bought a pack of squid for sturgeon, however, I do not think it is going to be open another weekend. Has anyone ever used squid behind a dodger for springers (lower Willamette)? Seems like if they will hit a herring, they may fall for a squid. Just curious and thought I'd ask before I throw them out.......

#13 Ā·
I've heard the same from some credible fishermen.... have tried it only briefly but it is worth giving a try. They caught more than one big fall chinook. C.W.

#22 Ā·
So I went out and bought a pack of squid for sturgeon, however, I do not think it is going to be open another weekend. Has anyone ever used squid behind a dodger for springers (lower Willamette)? Seems like if they will hit a herring, they may fall for a squid. Just curious and thought I'd ask before I throw them out.......
Squid spinners, use the head and tentacles as you would a prawn. :whistle:

#23 Ā·

you might try soaking them in salmon egg juice. i soak my shrimp in the juice for bobber fishing.

#30 Ā·
Put it in the freezer for next time, it lasts forever! :idea:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.